Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Test projects with question marks
simongui
#1 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2011 8:01:15 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I'm trying out NCrunch on our real code base for the first time and I'm seeing under the NCrunch Tests window some of our test projects showing up with a question mark.

We are using MSTest and Visual Studio 2010.

If I select the item in the test window I'm not seeing any description at the bottom as to why it's not running these tests. They run fine in MSTest.

Also some of our other tests (don't show the question mark but show failure) show assembly load errors from an assembly that is references in the test project that also runs fine in MSTest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Remco
#2 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2011 8:18:23 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi Simon,

Thanks for posting! The question marks indicate projects that cannot be built because a project they depend on is experiencing a build/load issue. Can you give me any more information about the assembly load errors you're experiencing? Is there anything different/unique about these references?

Cheers,

Remco
simongui
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2011 1:57:23 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the help Remco. I'm looking at one of the other failing test projects. I figure I should resolve those first and maybe the ones with the question marks will go away.

It's complaining about loading one of our assemblies:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\TeamTest\Microsoft.TeamTest.targets (14): Could not load file or assembly 'MyCompany.Data, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Is there any way to figure out why MyCompany.Data can't load and get the inner exception from the load exception to find that out? The reason is that DLL references 4 of our other DLL's which reference more etc.

Thanks!
Remco
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2011 2:51:38 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Is it possible to build the failing project using MSBuild from the command line? This will help to identify whether the problem is being caused by complex or IDE dependent build configuration.

Also - would you be able to submit a bug report after this load failure? I may be able to use this to yield a few clues about what is going on.

Cheers,

Remco