Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Feedback for distributed tests
dariusdamalakas
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:52:20 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
As promised, feedback after several weeks i've used NCrunch with 1 additional grid node.

Overall experience is positive, most of the time it works as expected, and splits unit-tests between my local box and a remote one.

There is one glitch, it is quite rare, but i get it sometimes. This is actually what triggered this post. The node stuck on phase 'Transfrring files to node'. Progress 1/38. I've turned off Sleep from my home laptop, so I am pretty sure it didnt went to sleep at some time.

disconnecting and connecting again fixed this immediatelly, so i am happy about NCrunch stability. But seems there is still one edge case where response seems to be lost. Hope this helps.

Edit - i've noticed this happening for first time, so it's not an issue. If it would recurr daily, that would def be a problem.
Remco
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:02:30 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
That's great, thanks for the feedback!

I've seen the 'Transferring files to node' get stuck before too. It's a very rare issue ... used to be much more frequent, so I think there are potentially several things that can cause this. Hopefully sometime soon it will occur in a way that allows me to pin it down. Network communications can be tricky to get right.