Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Distributed processing - Ports
stephenpope
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:28:46 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I was just trying our the distributed mode in the latest version, I have put the grid node on a development box but i keep getting the same error in the logs ..

This is the error ..

Quote:

[10:57:20.1702-?-4] Node server started - listening on port 41141
[11:02:30.0803-Core-15] Client connection accepted from 10.144.17.4:46252
[11:02:30.0959-Core-15] Creating server-side handler for 10.144.17.4:46252
[11:02:30.0959-Core-15] Describing self to 10.144.17.4:46252
[11:02:48.9251-?-13] Unable to read data from a socket because of an exception: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at nCrunch.Core.Grid.Connectivity.DecryptorStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at nCrunch.Core.Grid.Connectivity.BidirectionalStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at #=qcaD8SWuNGG0qZzrKi$TeNfrAZBMfWA9FnGZNBIu0J1VG8MRhEYH9KhnTW6VBeiAPIyHNO8Zt7_MOYKYoOgF1pA==.Read(Byte[] #=qYc_9tt_rAC79Tef_mp$Xkw==, Int32 #=qLovKH4LLoj_wcVpf3TzZQQ==, Int32 #=qDXY93Sn42t2WMOW0ztTXnQ==)
at nCrunch.Core.Grid.Connectivity.Zlib.DeflateStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at nCrunch.Core.Grid.Connectivity.BidirectionalStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.Stream.<BeginReadInternal>b__a(Object param0)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.IO.Stream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at nCrunch.Core.Grid.Connectivity.OpenConnection.#=qmXPzOKERgMgq8RD1xB9Fl_Q4RVaPnV9yAlXMRrvurQQ=.#=q32eRav_n3IXonbQf5kmdCDA8Ged5QXdKPyVJL3codUQ=()
[11:02:48.9251-?-16] Ceasing to send messages because of an error (was the connection closed?): System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at nCrunch.Core.Grid.Connectivity.EncryptorStream.#=qE8C3zZkI85Kl6yJ8TtaqKA==(Byte[] #=qWPeeNeap4vTsxzvhJ0wLpg==, Int32 #=qF8SyGwvgFyiCxo2VUi4wJg==, Int32 #=qFl$j5UgEepokPA9PgcdeTQ==)
at nCrunch.Core.Grid.Connectivity.EncryptorStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at nCrunch.Core.Grid.Connectivity.BidirectionalStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at #=qcaD8SWuNGG0qZzrKi$TeNfrAZBMfWA9FnGZNBIu0J1VG8MRhEYH9KhnTW6VBeiAPIyHNO8Zt7_MOYKYoOgF1pA==.Write(Byte[] #=qUq2pVarNfGa3bsjlTkCjUQ==, Int32 #=q_O4nEvmsjGFyHIcT3wMfFw==, Int32 #=qGRthSF11t2RB7k_2q7OH7g==)
at nCrunch.Core.Grid.Connectivity.Zlib.DeflateStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at nCrunch.Core.Grid.Connectivity.BidirectionalStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
at nCrunch.Core.Grid.Connectivity.BidirectionalStream.#=q0wkJfmuw9_ouDsFiVBFKMA==.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult #=qwXA28TA1P9A8LCLuwOM$ww==)
at nCrunch.Core.Grid.Connectivity.BidirectionalStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at nCrunch.Core.Grid.Connectivity.GridMessageSender.#=q$g7KIu5ENmVuFOX6fAqpPw==(IAsyncResult #=qiSzj4L7eCuKZK0VRs8yebQ==)

.. I'm assuming this is probably a firewall thing but I just wanted to check. i have opened up port 41141 on the remote machines firewall but it seems to be doing some other communication on random other ports each time.

Is there a way to get round this ? / Any advice for this error ?

Thanks !
Remco
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:35:57 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi, thanks for posting!

NCrunch will only attempt to communicate using the ports you've specified (the default which is 41141). If you're seeing other port numbers come up, make sure these aren't the usual outgoing port numbers that are randomly assigned when opening a TCP connection from the client side (which is normal and done by all applications).

The best way you can test whether the connection can be established is by trying to open a telnet/TCP connection to the grid server on port 41141. If the server is listening for connections on this port and there are no issues with firewalls, then you should be able to open the connection. If the connection can't be opened, make sure you have a clear route to the grid node server, the service is started and running on the grid node, and there are no firewalls blocking connections.
stephenpope
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:42:55 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try that now. I was just curious about this part of the log showing other ports:

[10:57:20.1702-?-4] Node server started - listening on port 41141
[11:02:30.0803-Core-15] Client connection accepted from 10.144.17.4:46252
[11:02:30.0959-Core-15] Creating server-side handler for 10.144.17.4:46252
[11:02:30.0959-Core-15] Describing self to 10.144.17.4:46252

.. I'll let you know if i get it working ! :) I think i may be thwarted by the firewall(s) somewhere along the line.
1 user thanked stephenpope for this useful post.
Remco on 3/12/2014(UTC)
stephenpope
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:05:35 PM(UTC)

So I can telnet to the port and get a response back, the issue might be with it trying to connect back to my laptop from the dev server (although it can communicate that first time ~confused face~)
Remco
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:32:21 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
This is definitely confusing. The grid connection should only need to work one way (i.e. from the laptop to the grid server), and as we now have evidence that the connection CAN be established, the question is why it's being interrupted immediately on being established ...

Are you using any security on the connection? I.e. did you assign a password to the grid node that is also being used on the client?

Is it possible you're running any security software on your network that might interfere with the connection?

I think we should try to find a way of narrowing this down to get it to work ... do you have a 3rd machine you can try setting up as the grid server, or the client? Perhaps if we can get it to work with a different set of hardware, we might be able to deduct the issue down to what is causing it.