Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

vstudio 2012 crashes occasionally
GreenMoose
#1 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 9:06:44 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 64 post(s)
v2.7.0.5
Some times my vstudio 2012 simply vanishes from the surface of the earth and a WerFault.exe is started.

Looking into event viewer I noticed this entry:
Quote:
Application: devenv.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Stack:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, Int32, Boolean, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, System.IO.FileShare)
at nCrunch.Core.Grid.Messages.ClientAssemblyDataMessage.GetDataStreamForSending()
at nCrunch.Core.Grid.Connectivity.SendableFileDataMessage.GetNextSendableDataChunk()
at nCrunch.Core.Grid.Connectivity.GridMessageSender.#=qchP3BHdmutCJI2eTUeD826rTfmSijYMFRhwQamlE3gg=()
at nCrunch.Core.Grid.Connectivity.GridMessageSender.#=q9Ct$cp0DROiIsw3q87cmQw==()
at nCrunch.Core.Grid.Connectivity.GridMessageSender.QueueMessageForSending(nCrunch.Core.Grid.Messages.GridMessage)
at nCrunch.Core.Grid.Connectivity.OpenConnection.Dispose()
at nCrunch.Core.Grid.Connectivity.OpenConnection.HandleNetworkError()
at nCrunch.Core.Grid.Connectivity.GridMessageSender.#=qcyLUxsNY_2UiBagAcmPNnw==(System.IAsyncResult)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessageSink)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(System.Object)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

(I was fiddling with project references / nuget package update before the crash occurred )
Remco
#2 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 12:24:49 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
I have a theory about what has happened here.

I think that the package updating triggered a project change about the same time as removing an existing reference DLL. NCrunch probably got hit with a race condition while trying to update the grid node.

Normally, it should recover from this sort of situation by closing the connection and reconnecting to the node. Unfortunately, it looks like this has highlighted a hole in the error handling.

I'll see that this gets fixed. Thanks for reporting it.