Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Remote server: "hanging" nCrunch.TestRunner at grid node after devstudio was closed
GreenMoose
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 8:31:15 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 64 post(s)
v2.7.5

I noticed cpu was spiking due to a test runner on a grid node on Azure VM after I had closed visual studio 2012 and it never becomes idle.
Process: nCrunch.TestRunner (32-bit).

The very same server had run out on disk space just before on the ramdisk (softperfect) assigned to NCrunch, so I increased the size (which forced unmount of ramdisk and "reset" it) which might be related.

Is there any logs created by default or similar I can send to help for a bugfix or must I enabled logging in the ncrunch grid node configuration first and then wait it for it to reoccur?
Remco
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 9:50:09 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Unfortunately the only way to extract logs from a grid node server is through the standard logging options, which are disabled by default.

It's not really a surprise to me that the node had trouble coping with an out of disk space scenario. The error handling in this area is very light, so there could be any number of ways such an issue could result in the node landing in a disfunctional state. If the disk itself was reset containing workspaces from the node, things would definitely go horribly wrong.

In theory, a restart of the grid node service (either directly on the VM or via the NCrunch restart option in the Distributed Processing Window) should solve this problem. The test runner process will detect the absence of its host process and should self-terminate.