Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Where does it host?
Dmitry
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2011 1:35:09 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi there!

Just got my first build issue and wanted to peek into the source code to see it I could fix it. Unfortunatelly I wasn't able to find where the project hosts.

Is it open-source? Can I try to contribute?

Thanks!
Remco
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2011 9:13:57 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for posting! NCrunch is a closed source project, but if you post the details of your problem perhaps I can help you solve it?

Cheers,

Remco
Dmitry
#3 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2011 11:52:22 AM(UTC)

Hi Remco,

I submitted the bug using the "NCrunch -> Submit Bug Report" menu item.

The description is this:

I have a small ASP.NET MVC solution with three projects:
* MVC application itself
* Logic (unit tested)
* Tests to logic

The first two projects build okay.
The last one throws this exception:

NCrunch: If you are experiencing problems in getting this project to build, have a look at https://www.ncrunch.net/...ng_project-build-issues

(0): System.ApplicationException: Cannot mark line - index is out of range (1569/1535)
at nCrunch.TestExecution.MasterExecutionMap.MarkLineAsSourceCode(Int32 lineMarkerIndex)
at nCrunch.Compiler.ILManipulator.#=qyxTqdHdH4qRAu4_obgFSGVGQ$UjNCVp5dcYimSh9qEU=(MethodDefinition #=qXEr93gilSbyneiPy_hCCvQ==)
at nCrunch.Compiler.ILManipulator.#=qVgZeh_Xo4G8OazbHXUj$HZZ4k875wM5nD3bVlbELkuc=(Collection`1 #=qK_nsQKpybmFcinz5j6S1wg==)
at nCrunch.Compiler.ILManipulator.#=qDMRbu14rmiUliyk77s6YE39JKJojc8PFBwrtQadFj6E=(IEnumerable`1 #=qhgNHocq3EmkOJuAn3tZE7g==)
at nCrunch.Compiler.ILManipulator.#=qDMRbu14rmiUliyk77s6YE39JKJojc8PFBwrtQadFj6E=(IEnumerable`1 #=qhgNHocq3EmkOJuAn3tZE7g==)
at nCrunch.Compiler.ILManipulator.ProcessAssembly(String compiledAssemblyFilePath, Boolean instrumentAssembly, IList`1 referencedAssemblies)
at nCrunch.Compiler.RemoteBuildRunner.#=qfsCVCP9z8p8itsPjdEucb21b3UdedVHBi8gsF76Ddpw=(ComponentBuildParameters #=qmkOUo_qPadDv2Jh_RvEeFw==, String #=qeQVxsYosAYGxzPuSRqwCgvxMKp_7oVPJk1lA2naHni0=, BuildOutput #=qRILTPHYyuGtBH_NyMhcqkQ==, String #=qp67sU93pGbLGBgppbDFZXbOOMHNfqroD4Dqku1U_cUI=)
at nCrunch.Compiler.RemoteBuildRunner.Build(ComponentBuildParameters parameters)
Remco
#4 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2011 7:34:19 PM(UTC)

Thanks for posting the details. I'll take a look at the bug report and get back to you.
Remco
#5 Posted : Monday, December 12, 2011 4:08:38 AM(UTC)

It looks as though something in your tests project is causing the lines reporting the PDB file to be out of alignment with NCrunch's code model. Is this a codebase you're able to share? I'd really like to see what's different about this test project.
Dmitry
#15 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 11:51:13 AM(UTC)

Hi Remco,

I am terribly sorry for not replying for so long - I didn't get a notification about your posting for some reason.

But I have some good news. While trying to cut my source code base down in order to send you something to analyse, I found the file that was causing me problems. How can I send it to you?

Thanks!
Dmitry
Remco
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 9:34:30 PM(UTC)

Hi Dmitry -

Thanks for getting back to me. If you don't mind sharing the contents of the file, the best way is to just copy/paste its contents into a private message to me here on the forum.

Cheers,

Remco
Dmitry
#17 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 5:08:10 AM(UTC)

Sure I don't mind. It's just that the file is huge. It is ~ 100Kb currently. So I'd better somehow send you an achive of it.

Of, if it is a problem, you could try to recreated it yourself: the only thing it contains is a few examples of HTTP responses, something like this:

namespace CoreTests.FeedFakers {
public class FeedsFormats {
public class Luidor {
public static readonly string Feed = @"

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC ""-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"" ""(- BROKEN LINK -)"">

<html xmlns=""http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"" >

<head>

<link rel=""icon"" href=""/favicon.gif"" type=""image/x-icon"">

<link rel=""shortcut icon"" href=""/favicon.gif"" type=""image/x-icon"">

<base href=""http://www.luidor-auto.ru/tradein"" />
<meta http-equiv=""content-type"" content=""text/html; charset=utf-8"" />
<meta name=""robots"" content=""index, follow"" />
<meta name=""keywords"" content=""авто с пробегом, tade-in, trade in авто, автомобили trade in, trade in автосалон, продажа авто с пробегом купить авто с пробегом, автос пробегом нижний новгород"" />
<meta name=""description"" content=""В автоцентре ""Луидор-Авто"" Вы можете не только купить автомобиль с пробегом, но и продать Ваш старый автомобиль. Менеджеры автосалона помогут выбрать Вам вариант покупки авто в кредит, а так же регистрацию автомобиля в ГИБДД"" />
<meta name=""generator"" content=""Joomla! 1.5 - Open Source Content Management"" />
<title>Автомобили с пробегом</title>

[...]

}
}

where each "feed" is an example of actual response from an actual server - for me to build an example of the response in my tests.