Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

All projects status "Not built", blue question mark in first column
abelb
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2014 5:35:24 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
As in the title, and see screenshot below. I've sent a bug report from within VS with the following contents:

title:
All tests and all project have a blue question mark and status "Not built"

content:
After one of the rebuilds of a project in the solution, first one, and later all (after I disabled and re-enabled NCrunch) tests were marked with status "Not built" and a blue question mark.

Right-click and selecting reload and rebuilt has no effect.

Before this happened, tests were loaded properly and I had a pretty long successful session without crashes. Most likely, after I restart VS or remove all temp files of NCrunch, it will load correctly again, but I wanted to send this bug report regardless, so that you know that this situation can occur.

I will create an error report on the NCrunch website as well, to be able to track it (sending this report never gives me a way to verify it was sent and/or provide further feedback)

Remco
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2014 9:06:07 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi, thanks for sharing this issue. I also saw the corresponding bug report come through.

At the moment, my suspicion is that there is a race condition in the code responsible for preserving test data associated with projects. Most of the time the projects retain their state/tests when they are reloaded, but sometimes this seems to fail. Your bug report should hopefully give some useful information on this. Do also let me know if you find a way to consistently reproduce this using a sample solution, as problems such as this can sometimes be quite hard to track down.

Cheers,

Remco