Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

NCrunch error when using Windows Runtime Components
Leonid
#1 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 7:29:23 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Repro is:

Visual Studio 2013 Update 2
NCrunch v2.7.0.5

1. Create a new "Visual C#/Store Apps/Windows Apps/Blank App (Windows)" project
2. Add to the solution a new "Other Languages/Visual C++/Store Apps/Windows Apps/Windows Runtime Component (Windows)".
3. From the App1 project, reference the WindowsRuntimeComponent1 project.

At this point, NCrunch is still happy.

4. In MainPage.xaml.cs in the App1 project, add a using statement referencing the component from step 2:

using WindowsRuntimeComponent1;

At this point, NCrunch errors out:

MainPage.xaml.cs (17): The type or namespace name 'WindowsRuntimeComponent1' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

WARNING - ..\..\..\..\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets (1696): Resolved file has a bad image, no metadata, or is otherwise inaccessible. Could not load file or assembly 'WindowsRuntimeComponent1.dll' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

http://www.ncrunch.net/support/frameworks says that most C++ projects will build, but C++ test frameworks are not supported, which is fine with me.

I found that http://forum.ncrunch.net...ents-not-supported.aspx says that in v1 Windows Runtime Components were explicitly not supported and expected to be in v2. Has the support been added in v2?

I am an avid nCrunch user and am using it happily on my Windows Store project. However, I'd like to port a part of my project to C++, and I wouldn't want to give up on the whole of NCruch just to do that.
Remco
#2 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 9:54:57 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi, thanks for posting.

C++ assemblies have a very different structure to those built under C#/VB, which makes adding support for them a major piece of work.

Unfortunately, there also hasn't been enough adoption of the Windows Store project types to really warrant moving further in this direction with NCrunch.

So I'm afraid to say that this project type isn't supported by NCrunch V2 and at the moment there are no plans to do so in future. You're welcome to place a vote for future support on uservoice if you like.