Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Waiting for all Nuget updates to complete
Brannon
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 7:03:18 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Currently, when I update Nuget packages, I usually affect about 20 projects. NCrunch starts recompiling as soon as the update finishes for each project. It would be nice if NCrunch would wait until all the Nuget updates are completed before it started compiling things.
Remco
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 9:10:31 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi, thanks for sharing this. There is a popular feature request that captures this - http://ncrunch.uservoice.com/forums/245203-feature-requests/suggestions/5719302-pause-while-nuget-is-installing-or-updating-packag. You're welcome to vote for it if you like.
GreenMoose
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 2:19:42 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 64 post(s)
FWIW: Yesterday and today I did a log of nuget package uninstall/install work and once you forget to disable NCrunch you are basically screwed. Sometimes it takes "forever", sometimes it crashes vstudio leaving package partially installed so I have to go ahead and remove components for it and then reinstall (I had 1 crash yesterday and maybe 3 today, all when doing nuget stuff and forgetting disabling NCrunch).

*Edit: The "taking forever" part seems to be related to RS 9, it went slow with NCrunch disabled as well but when also disabling RS 9 the "speed" was increased significantly. Dunno about if crashes are due to NCrunch or RS 9 though since I had both enabled at the times.
Remco
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 9:23:47 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
GreenMoose;6971 wrote:
*Edit: The "taking forever" part seems to be related to RS 9, it went slow with NCrunch disabled as well but when also disabling RS 9 the "speed" was increased significantly. Dunno about if crashes are due to NCrunch or RS 9 though since I had both enabled at the times.

The engine separation in NCrunch should in theory greatly limit its impact on the IDE in situations like this ... though a package install process triggers many complex activities through the IDE, NCrunch and Resharper. It wouldn't surprise me if there was some kind of cross-thread issue here.

The solution is for all of these activities to be suppressed until after the install has finished. At present I haven't yet found any hook points inside Nuget that will allow NCrunch to monitor these activities cleanly.