Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Teamcity test failed notification error
samholder
#1 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 7:37:58 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hey Remco,

There seems to be a slight problem with the Teamcity notification integration. if my tests throw an exception then I don't get any report of an individual test failure, it tells me that they all passed, but the process exited with code 2 (which means tests failed). It seems that the data that NCrunch is outputting in the teamcity service message contains the stack trace and maybe this is causing it to not be able to parse it correctly. I get this error:

[2015-02-16 19:24:44,225] WARN - jetbrains.buildServer.AGENT - Invalid service message: ##teamcity[testFailed name='Hacapp.Web.Tests.UI.Features.Login.SocialLoginFeature.Should be able to log in with twitter' message='System.Exception: Unable to determine the TeamId for the user Bob in the environment (- BROKEN LINK -) details='System.Exception: Unable to determine the TeamIdfor the user Bob in the environment (- BROKEN LINK -) at Hacapp.Web.Tests.UI.Steps.TestSettings.GetTeamId(String userName) in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\42101e219f1d86a6\Hacapp.web\Hacapp.Web.Tests.UI\Steps\TestSettings.cs:line 64|n at Hacapp.Web.Tests.UI.Steps.UserContext.WithCurrentUserCredentials(String userName) in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\42101e219f1d86a6\Hacapp.web\Hacapp.Web.Tests.UI\Steps\UserContext.cs:line 14|n at Hacapp.Web.Tests.UI.Steps
.UserSteps.GivenIAmTheUser(String userName) in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\42101e219f1d86a6\Hacapp.web\Hacapp.Web.Tests.UI\Steps\UserSteps.cs:line 18|n at lambda_method(Closure , IContextManager , String )|n at TechTalk.SpecFlow.Bindings.BindingInvoker.InvokeBinding(IBinding binding, IContextManager contextManager, Object[], error: java.text.ParseException: Value should end with "'"Valid property list format is (name( )*=( )*'escaped_value'( )*)* where escape symbol is "|"

Any idea?

Not a show stopper as the tests still fail correctly, I just can't see which test is actually failing. Otherwise the teamcity command line runner is sweet. sped my integration tests up at least 4 fold :).
Remco
#2 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 8:59:57 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi,

Can you confirm which version of NCrunch you're running? The problem is being caused by the square brackets in the exception [] - TeamCity can't parse them and they can't seem to be escaped ... The latest version of NCrunch should have a fix targeting this that will replace them with rounded brackets instead.
samholder
#3 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 10:49:52 PM(UTC)

Yeah I'm on 2.12 I think. I'll update in the morning and get back to you.

Thanks.
samholder
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2015 3:48:40 PM(UTC)

ok, so couldn't do it in the morning, but got a chance to look at this last night and it seems that updating to 2.13 fixes my issue, although I seem to get two failed tests instead of one. one is called something like MyTest/* and the other is MyTest/MyActualTest, but I'm happy with this.
Remco
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2015 8:50:48 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
That's great. The double failure is by design. NCrunch reports fixture failures in addition to test failures. Usually a fixture will fail when any of its child tests fail, and vice-versa.