Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

1.36b Issue, might be with NuGet
Rangoric
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2011 4:03:09 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Let's start from the top.

I Have a solution that I've slowly been working on, and recently restructured it. Before the restructure I had NCrunch, NuGet and lots of other toys all playing harmoniously.

The restructure was from the ground up. Made a new solution file and new project files. Making sure the MSTest unit tests worked the whole time. Once that was all finished, I traded out MSTest for xUnit and had it all working in NCrunch/ReSharper Test Runner.

Then Setup Nuget to Restore Packages. Then before getting NCrunch all set up again (I knew it would work, I had it before the restructure), I updated to the most recent version.

Now I get:
"This test was not executed during a planned execution run. Ensure your test project is stable and does not contain issues in initialisation/teardown fixtures."

The tests worked before, so that leaves NuGet acting up. The directories in the work area, however, look just fine. NuGet is there, the App.Config is there. The whole thing is compiled correctly and looks generally normal from what I can tell.

NuGet is working fine for normal compiles and my JS Unit Tests are just fine (After correcting the file names) so I know things are basically working.
Also ReSharper is running the xUnit Tests no problem.

Luckily the code I am working on this with is a throw away (at this point) Open Source project so you can download it:
https://bitbucket.org/Ra...-works-update-libraries

Due to Package Restore you do have to do a build and then have NCrunch Resync (it might do it on it's own but I was in a hurry to reproduce it :) )
Remco
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2011 7:18:40 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi Rangoric, thanks for posting!

This appears to be a defect in NCrunch around its handling of configuration files and binding redirections. I'll ensure a fix for this is released as part of 1.37b (due before the end of the year).

Removing the dotless.Core binding redirection in your Unit/Integration test projects will allow NCrunch to run the tests in your project. If you can tell me a little more about why this redirection is in place, I may be able to help you find a workaround until 1.37b is released.

A huge thanks for providing the source code as this was instrumental in locating what proved to be a particularly subtle defect.

Cheers,

Remco
Rangoric
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2011 12:21:13 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Actually I had added that with Combres, but then removed it. I thought anyways. I might add dotLess back in the future but I'm not far enough along to actually need it yet.

That package, file and reference are actually not IN the solution at all at the moment, or actually used. It is just the redirect in App.config.

So removed for now. The redirects for the MVC files are working fine, probably because the files are actually there.
1 user thanked Rangoric for this useful post.
Remco on 12/20/2011(UTC)
Remco
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2012 12:17:44 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
For anyone interested, a fix for the above issue has been released as part of the 1.37b build that went out this morning.