Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Concurrent Users Licensing
NoSaidTheCompiler
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2015 9:53:08 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I am trying to convince my company to purchase NCrunch for the developers in the company. We have 9 developers who could possibly be using this product. It has only been a month since I started using NCrunch and I personally LOVE it! However, my company isn't fully convinced to fork out $2500+ right away just on my recommendation.
When I was going through NCrunch's license agreement, it says "(b)A Company Seat License, which permits the Software to be installed and used on a per-seat basis within an organisation, up to a maximum of the number of seats purchased."
Does that mean, if my company chooses to buy only 3 licenses to begin with, at any given time, upto 3 devs could be using the product? Regardless of development machine NCrunch is installed on?

p.s. Also, if I convince my company to purchase 5 or more licenses, would you guys be willing to give me some discount on my personal license purchase?:)

Thanks.
Remco
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2015 10:08:37 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi,

Thanks for your interest in NCrunch!

NCrunch's license model is per user - not per concurrent user. There is some ambiguity in this as it is possible to transfer a license from one developer in the company to another (for example, if someone were to leave the company and be replaced by a new hire), but the intention isn't to have team hot-swapping licenses based on their usage patterns. This means that if you have a team of 9 developers and they all want to use NCrunch at different times of the day, you would still need 9 licenses.

I'm afraid I can't provide discounts for license purchases based on recommendation to others, but do be aware that if your employer agrees, there is nothing to stop you from using the same Company Seat License at home as you do at work. The license would be the property of your employer and so long as it has been assigned to you, you can use it at their discretion.

I hope this makes sense!

Cheers,

Remco
NoSaidTheCompiler
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2015 9:24:17 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Thank-you for the information, Remco. I have one more question. If my employer decides not to buy the licenses, but if I decided to buy a Business license (I don't think I can use personal for work, right?), would I be able to use it at both my home computer and work computer with a single license?

Remco
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2015 10:04:14 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Named User Licenses can be used both at work and at home. This means that the license you already own can also be used at work :)

The difference between the Named User License and Company Seat License is in the purchaser rather than the usage if this makes sense.