Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Parallel Execution of Testcases
sheryl
#1 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2015 4:03:31 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Currently as part of CI, Jenkins triggers a build and runs the NUnit testcases. For Parallel execution of the test cases and code coverage metrics we are looking at NCrunch.

1. Using NCrunch Grid, is it possible to trigger parallel execution of testcases via Jenkins?
2. How is NCrunch different from Selenium grid, with respect to Parallel execution of NUnit test cases?
Remco
#2 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2015 10:25:51 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
Hi, thanks for posting!

NCrunch has never been integrated with or formally tested with Jenkins, though in theory as long as this tool allows you to specify a console tool to execute, it may be possible to use it with NCrunch. Note that the NCrunch console tool will need to be hosted and executed on the Jenkins server itself (not a build agent) as NCrunch needs to be responsible for facilitating the distributed processing. This means you shouldn't use any of Jenkins distributed build features when working with an NCrunch grid. I'm afraid that Jenkins is outside my knowledge area and this makes it hard for me to further advise on how to set such a system up.

Selenium is a very different tool to NCrunch with a very different focus, and this makes it hard to compare between them. NCrunch is a generic testing tool - it will just call user code via a test framework (i.e. NUnit) and expect this code to perform all logic required for the test. This means that if you are web-testing, you will most certainly need to use an additional toolset to be able to run the web tests inside your NUnit tests.
1 user thanked Remco for this useful post.
sheryl on 5/16/2015(UTC)