Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Building MonoGame project
narshe
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2015 9:25:25 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have a monogame project that I would like to test. Run NCrunch tries to build it, it fails on running the content pipeline. Is there any way to fix this?

Here is the error.

NCrunch: If you are experiencing problems in getting this project to build, have a look at http://www.ncrunch.net/d...ng_project-build-issues
..\..\..\..\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\MonoGame\v3.0\MonoGame.Content.Builder.targets (67, 5): The command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\MonoGame\v3.0\Tools\MGCB.exe" /@:"C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Local\NCrunch\25000\1\Shmup\Content\Content.mgcb" /platform:Windows /outputDir:"C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Local\NCrunch\25000\1\Shmup\Content\bin\Windows" /intermediateDir:"C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Local\NCrunch\25000\1\Shmup\Content\obj\Windows" /quiet" exited with code -532462766.
Remco
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2015 11:32:37 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1258 time(s) in 1171 post(s)
Hi,

I'm sorry but monogame projects are not currently supported by NCrunch. If you'd like to see support added for this project type, you're welcome to vote for it as a feature request.
narshe
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2015 4:46:49 AM(UTC)

Is there a generic way to ignore this? It's an <ItemGroup> of <MonoGameContentReference Include="Content\Content.mgcb" /> in the project file. Can that be ignored some how?

If not, what do you suggest as a workaround? I think I could move pretty much ALL my code into a class library that the monogame project references.
Remco
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2015 6:25:49 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1258 time(s) in 1171 post(s)
Taking another look at the error you've received from your build, there is a possibility that this error is being thrown because NCrunch hasn't identified the .mgcb files and copied them to the workspace. If you include all .mgcb files using the 'Additional files to include' project-level configuration setting (http://www.ncrunch.net/documentation/reference_project-configuration_additional-files-to-include), for example, using the wildcard '**.mgcb', this will tell NCrunch about these files so that they can be copied to the workspace.

Otherwise, the best option here may well be to use a build override to prevent NCrunch from either running the monogame build steps or from including the content reference declarations.

For example:

<ItemGroup Condition="'$(NCrunch)' != '1'">
<MonoGameContentReference Include="Content\Content.mgcb" />
</ItemGroup>

If there is an import statement importing the monogame build targets, specifying a similar condition to the above on the target import tag may also suppress the monogame build steps.
2 users thanked Remco for this useful post.
narshe on 6/15/2015(UTC), Valente on 10/19/2021(UTC)
narshe
#5 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2015 2:55:59 PM(UTC)

Adding that file to additional files worked. Thanks!
1 user thanked narshe for this useful post.
Remco on 6/15/2015(UTC)