Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

No way to reset test window
michaellogutov
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 7:27:23 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Currently there is no way to reset test window of failed tests.
For example, I've switched to "run all tests" configuration, got lots of integration tests failed.
Now I switch back to unit tests configuration (all tests except integration tests) and now I have old integration tests hanging in my tests window. And there is no way to clean them except go and ignore each of it (which is very cumbersome when you have 1000+ tests in different namespaces mixed). Resynchronise does not clears the tests window either.

This is a serious issue for me making very ugly user experience. Please add button to just rid of current results in tests windows and start from stratch or make resynchronise to clear previous run. Also I think when changing configuration all previous tests results should be also cleared because this is what usually you want when changing configuration.
Remco
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 8:06:00 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi,

Thanks for posting!

The ability to reset the status of a test makes sense as a feature request. You're welcome to post it and vote for it on uservoice if you like.

Many people that use NCrunch have tests that take a long time to run, and the data collected by these tests is very valuable. A feature that clears this data on change of engine mode would need to be configurable, as many people won't want it. You are also welcome to request this on uservoice if you like.
michaellogutov
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 8:15:55 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
It's not about personall preference. It's about baseline features - unable to clear the list is an issue with UI. There should be a way (some kind of button).
1 user thanked michaellogutov for this useful post.
Remco on 7/23/2015(UTC)
chillitom
#4 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2017 9:06:36 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Would be great to see this feature, NCrunch often starts up in a test mode I don't intend to run in my current environment, the dead failed tests live around like a bad smell. Easy to imagine situations where you want them but a quick button or something to wipe the record of everything in view would be great.
ralphski
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 10:22:32 AM(UTC)

Hi, I'd say this feature is a neccessity. Ncrunch often craps itself, not even with integration tests, with medium sized projects. We have machines with 64GB ram, SSD drives so environment is not a problem.

Currently, it feels like this feature is a necessity...