Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

The given path's format is not supported.
OyvindA
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2012 2:35:56 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi,

We have additional target files that we include in our projects. These have absolute path and i think this may be the problem.

It seems that NCrunch creates a directory based on the path, and since it's absolute the drive letter should maybe be removed.

E.g.
<Import Project="A:\Targets\Custom.targets" />

We also have the same problem when linking files into a project where the filepath is absolute. Both give the same stacktrace. Probably the same issue?

[15:27:41.1084-BuildTask-14] ERROR (Internal): System.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported.
at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath)
at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
at nCrunch.Core.WorkspaceManagement.WorkspaceBuilder.#=q9ns7fglA2Ck2gLj7iS$5FMQ3umPMY_aRy5KlPea8vw8=(SnapshotComponentMember #=qR0BrrDqMAuDzXQfM3vTiBA==)
at nCrunch.Core.WorkspaceManagement.WorkspaceBuilder.#=qEXdfymyCLAkMr5vMRUvx7gWNMRUFqOS26OkN8lIdQHo=(IEnumerable`1 #=qnzZpiMM45Ma6eAFiBxc5rQ==)
at nCrunch.Core.WorkspaceManagement.WorkspaceBuilder.BuildWorkspaceForComponent(SnapshotComponent component, String workspacePath)
at nCrunch.Core.WorkspaceManagement.WorkspaceManager.GetWorkspaceForComponent(SnapshotComponent snapshotComponent)
at nCrunch.Core.BuildManagement.BuildEnvironment.Build(SnapshotComponent snapshotComponentToBuild, IList`1 referencedComponents)
at nCrunch.Core.BuildTask.DoProcessTaskAndReturnSuccessFlag()
at nCrunch.Core.Processing.ProcessingTask.ProcessTaskAndReturnSuccessFlag()
at nCrunch.Core.Processing.ProcessingQueue.#=qElODe1hhViN21mEUKI$Fwg==(ProcessingTask #=qso0hS7WMwjN7sUci4m5Xrw==)

Is this a known issue?

I'm using version 1.36b. NCrunch is a very nice tool, keep up the good work!

Regards
Oyvind
Remco
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:07:01 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi Oyvind,

Thanks for posting! Yes - this is a known issue for all file path references that are linked to an absolute path on a different drive to the project file. I have a fix for this pending in 1.37b, though for now I recommend trying to move the referenced files to the same drive as your project.

Cheers,

Remco
1 user thanked Remco for this useful post.
OyvindA on 1/11/2012(UTC)
OyvindA
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 8:45:19 AM(UTC)

Thank you for quick reply.

It's not possible for us to change the path of the files since it's outside solution folder and hence should be absolute path instead of relative. We are using automated build and the solution resides in different folder than on our development machine.

Do you have any idea when 1.37b will be available?

Regards
Remco
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:43:00 AM(UTC)

Right now I'm targeting late this month or early February, depending upon how quickly the new features stabilise (1.37b is a big feature release).

If the problematic file for you is an MSBuild import, you may be able to get away with using v1.35b .... 1.36b changed the way the MSBuild imports worked, and while this fixed a number of problems, it did also surface the issue you are experiencing.

Another trick you may want to investigate is moving the referenced file into your Program Files or Windows directories (I realise this is particularly messy), as this will cause NCrunch to consider the absolute reference to be part of an SDK and it will avoid copying the file to the workspace.
OyvindA
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 11:35:13 AM(UTC)

Okay.

I'll wait until the 1.37b is ready, and I can help you test this issue if you want.

The 1.35b also had the same issue if I remember correct.

Moving referenced files to another folder is too messy since all developers in our team and all build servers must do the same etc.

/Oyvind
Remco
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2012 12:13:20 AM(UTC)

For anyone interested, 1.37b has just been released with a fix to resolve this issue.
1 user thanked Remco for this useful post.
OyvindA on 2/7/2012(UTC)
OyvindA
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2012 2:31:26 PM(UTC)

Yup. Can confirm that 1.37b fixes this issue. Thank you.