Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Inconsistent tests results
emgergensys
#1 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2015 2:34:22 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi,

I'am having some issues when I'am using the library FakeDbSet. Using my unit test suite (NUnit), my tests goes well, but Ncrunch keeps showing me that there are errors, so if I change my test by adding space anyhere in the code, my tests goes green. Is this problem known?

You can take a look at the picture below:

[img=(- BROKEN LINK -)]Both test case[/img]
Remco
#2 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2015 10:35:54 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi, thanks for sharing this issue.

My first thought is that the code under test may be providing an intermittent pass/fail result, depending upon which tests have been executed before it inside the process. See here for more details about this problem - http://www.ncrunch.net/documentation/considerations-and-constraints_test-atomicity.

Marking the test with the NCrunch.Framework.IsolatedAttribute is often a good way to troubleshoot this. If the test passes consistently with the attribute applied, this provides fairly solid evidence that the test is somehow sequence or state dependent.
1 user thanked Remco for this useful post.
emgergensys on 8/4/2015(UTC)
emgergensys
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2015 5:19:08 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Remco;7586 wrote:
Hi, thanks for sharing this issue.

My first thought is that the code under test may be providing an intermittent pass/fail result, depending upon which tests have been executed before it inside the process. See here for more details about this problem - http://www.ncrunch.net/documentation/considerations-and-constraints_test-atomicity.

Marking the test with the NCrunch.Framework.IsolatedAttribute is often a good way to troubleshoot this. If the test passes consistently with the attribute applied, this provides fairly solid evidence that the test is somehow sequence or state dependent.

Hi,

We found the problem and you are right. For some reason, FakeDbSet keeps data shared in its implementation. Using hte IsolatedAttribute fixed the problem but we also found that there is an onverload to force the data cleanup in it's constructor (weird, but works).

Thank you.
1 user thanked emgergensys for this useful post.
Remco on 8/4/2015(UTC)