Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

"New version available" banner overlaps Visual Studio
abelb
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2015 12:50:53 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
While it is informative to see that there's a new version available and that I should download it, when my screen gets resized, it ends up covering important parts of my editing environment. In addition, I see no way of dragging it away. Luckily I can close the message, but it keeps popping up. Showing it once should be enough, right?

Not a big nuisance, but I thought I'd report it anyway.
Remco
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2015 9:43:09 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi, thanks for sharing this.

This little dialog is only really intended to give you a quick nudge when a new version becomes available. If its getting annoying or you don't want to see it again, you can switch it off in NCrunch's global configuration using the 'Check for updates' setting.
abelb
#3 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 12:12:12 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hi Remco,

Thanks for your answer. I wasn't aware of that setting, thanks. Typically, it sits in the bottom right of my screen. But now it started sitting in the middle of my screen and that, I think, is a (small) bug. To repro, what I did was connect remotely through TeamViewer, with a different screen resolution. After returning to my physical computer, it showed what I pasted in the screenshot.

It didn't react when I resized the VS main window. A possible solution is to bind it on the resize event (or WM message) of the main window. But I'm not sure it is worth the effort of fixing, considering the rather rare circumstances to get here in the first place.
Remco
#4 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 8:21:22 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
abelb;7856 wrote:
Hi Remco,

Thanks for your answer. I wasn't aware of that setting, thanks. Typically, it sits in the bottom right of my screen. But now it started sitting in the middle of my screen and that, I think, is a (small) bug. To repro, what I did was connect remotely through TeamViewer, with a different screen resolution. After returning to my physical computer, it showed what I pasted in the screenshot.

It didn't react when I resized the VS main window. A possible solution is to bind it on the resize event (or WM message) of the main window. But I'm not sure it is worth the effort of fixing, considering the rather rare circumstances to get here in the first place.

Thanks - that does make sense. There is no handling in the dialog for screen size adjustments. I'll take a look to see if there is a way to improve this.