Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

First time build
JohanSpannare
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 10:12:21 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Remco,

I randomly causing ncrunch to do an "First Time Build" for unit test assemblies causing all tests in that assembly to be triggered over and over.

I will send you an bug report on the issue. Last time it happen i changed and manually saved an test class.

Best reg
Johan Spännare
Remco
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 10:30:23 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1259 time(s) in 1172 post(s)
Hi Johan,

Thanks for sharing this problem.

Does setting the engine to run tests manually prevent it from continuously building projects?

If so, then this is likely to be a test that is reaching outside the NCrunch workspace and touching files in the foreground solution. In this situation, I suggest selectively running your tests in groups to try and narrow down which test is triggering the problem. Once you know this, it should be possible to analyse the test/code to identify how it is referencing outside the workspace.

If not, then the problem is likely to be caused by a build task of some kind.

JohanSpannare
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 10:49:38 AM(UTC)

Hi!

I will try to set it to manually after lunch and try it out.

It feels like the build engine crashes. At the same time all grid node server are also start rebuilding the same assembly.
JohanSpannare
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 2:21:14 PM(UTC)

I have now tried to run in manual mode. I manage to get the same error. I first ran a specific test multiple times (added new test senario).

Then i queued all test in the repository class (since i was in manual mode i want to run all impacted tests).
Then i got the same result causing the assembly to be flagged as "First time build" and all servers in the grid node did a rebuild.

Now all tests is flagged as Pending, Impacted.

I send you a new bug report.
Remco
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 9:36:55 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1259 time(s) in 1172 post(s)
JohanSpannare;8250 wrote:

Then i queued all test in the repository class (since i was in manual mode i want to run all impacted tests).
Then i got the same result causing the assembly to be flagged as "First time build" and all servers in the grid node did a rebuild.

I strongly suspect these tests are making changes to your foreground solution when they run. Check them for absolute path references.

A diagnostic approach that can often help here is to flag your entire source code tree as read-only (or remove write permissions to it). If you then run any code that attempts to change the foreground solution, this code will then throw an exception .. hopefully making it easier to identify.

If you can resend another bug report with this issue while you are disconnected from the grid, there's a chance I might be able to flag up the file(s) being changed.