Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Engine doesn't match project name if it contains a dot
mortan
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2016 6:33:13 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello!

There is a problem with the "Automatic Test Filter" feature in the engine configuration dialog. I added the "is not in project with name" filter with the value "Playground.IntegrationTests", but all tests inside this project still get executed automatically by NCrunch. If I rename my project to "IntegrationTests" and change the filter attribute accordingly it works.

Kind regards!
Remco
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2016 9:52:33 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1259 time(s) in 1172 post(s)
Hi,

Thanks for sharing this issue. I'll take a look and will see what I can do :)
Remco
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 3:04:08 AM(UTC)

I've looked into this issue, but unfortunately I'm having trouble reproducing it.

When I create a new project with the name 'Playground.IntegrationTests', then create a new custom engine mode using filter: IsNotInProjectWithName 'Playground.IntegrationTests', the tests seem to be excluded from automatic execution after switching to this engine mode.

I think there may be an angle on this problem that I'm missing.

Can you confirm which version of NCrunch you're running? I do remember earlier versions having some consistency problems around the automatic execution filter, particularly around recent changes to the engine modes.
1 user thanked Remco for this useful post.
mortan on 3/18/2016(UTC)
mortan
#4 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 12:20:34 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Remco;8411 wrote:
I've looked into this issue, but unfortunately I'm having trouble reproducing it.

When I create a new project with the name 'Playground.IntegrationTests', then create a new custom engine mode using filter: IsNotInProjectWithName 'Playground.IntegrationTests', the tests seem to be excluded from automatic execution after switching to this engine mode.

I think there may be an angle on this problem that I'm missing.

Can you confirm which version of NCrunch you're running? I do remember earlier versions having some consistency problems around the automatic execution filter, particularly around recent changes to the engine modes.

Hello Remco,

unfortunately I can't reproduce the issue anymore. I have the strong suspicion that it was only a temporary problem solved by restarting Visual Studio. I will keep my eyes open if it happens again and if I find a reproducible scenario I'll let you know!

Thanks for looking into this issue and sorry if it was just on my end! :(

Kind regards!
Remco
#5 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 9:53:49 PM(UTC)

mortan;8417 wrote:

Hello Remco,

unfortunately I can't reproduce the issue anymore. I have the strong suspicion that it was only a temporary problem solved by restarting Visual Studio. I will keep my eyes open if it happens again and if I find a reproducible scenario I'll let you know!

Thanks for looking into this issue and sorry if it was just on my end! :(

Kind regards!

I remember an earlier problem in which NCrunch wasn't updating the processing queue correctly directly after an engine mode was changed in the customisation window. It should be fixed in the latest release, but this does sound like a disturbingly similar problem. It's also entirely possible that you've found a new hole in the processing queue sync logic - if you can find a way to reproduce it in the latest version, definitely let me know :)