Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Get/set project-level config/platform at the solution level
johnmwright
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 1:42:18 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Is there a way to define the config/platform at the solution level instead of configuring each project? I have some solution files that use non-standard configurations and don't define a default in the msbuild (.*proj) files, so I'm having to set the configuration and platform on each project. It would be great if I could set those at the solution tier -- or even better, if NCrunch could read the configurations defined in the .sln and let me choose which one to use and apply the corresponding config/platform settings for each project in the solution.
Remco
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 11:36:13 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi, thanks for posting.

At the moment, there isn't any built in feature that will let you do this. However, the new config engine currently in development is expected to allow you to set config settings at different levels (i.e. global, solution, project) and have them inherit downwards.

You might find it useful to create a shared build file imported by all your projects in this solution. You can then use this file for creating your own custom targets, or overriding build properties in a global fashion. In my experience, a solution-wide import used by all projects is one of those things that tends to become useful in all sorts of unexpected ways as you continue development.