Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Font is italic now
SeriousM
#1 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 11:02:03 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi,

since the last update it seems that NCrunch is using the wrong Font for rendering the output.
I have installed the hack font (https://github.com/chrissimpkins/Hack) in
* Hack (Normal)
* Hack BoldOblique (Italic)
* Hack RegularOblique (Italic)

It seems that it uses the last one in the list (Hack RegularOblique) even though the "Hack" (normal) was choosen.

http://imgur.com/a/YucvX

Can you confirm?
Remco
#2 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 11:38:49 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi,

There haven't been any changes to this area of the product in the last version. I think this may be a configuration UI issue.

Is it possible that the font style is somehow being carried over from the previous selection? Can you establish any pattern around the style not being set correctly when you change fonts? NCrunch uses the standard .NET FontDialog for this, but I'm wondering if there might be some strange behaviour around this component if the chosen font doesn't support italic.
SeriousM
#3 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 11:43:15 AM(UTC)

The font is installed and used since months so there is no change on my machine.
The only difference is that i used to use the version 2.23 and now using 2.24.
I was not able to produce a workaround to get Hack working without Italic style.
Remco
#4 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 12:35:48 PM(UTC)

I've just done some experimentation with the latest version of the Hack font to see if I can reproduce this issue.

I haven't had any luck in getting it locked into italic, but I am seeing some very strange behaviour.

If I select the font using the font dialog, clicking OK, then go back in, there are no options for choosing a font style other than regular. If I then click another font and go back to the Hack font, suddenly there are bold and italic options. I note that this is again different from what you're seeing in your screen capture, where you have regular and bold options but no italic. I'm encountering this same issue when using the font in Notepad too (with no NCrunch involvement). I think this font may have a few problems.

Can you confirm whether downgrading your NCrunch resolves the problem?

Note that the chosen font style is stored inside the C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\NCrunch\globalconfig.crunch.xml file. It should be possible to override the behaviour of the font dialog by editing this file manually (with your IDE closed).
SeriousM
#5 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 12:47:34 PM(UTC)

I just noticed that resharper has the same issue in the code-preview window of "Find Results" as ncrunch in the output panel.
one thing I also changed was installing the VS2015 SP3 hotfix (vs14-kb3165756) that was released a few days ago (suggested by the vs2015 ide), maybe this is the problem?
Remco
#6 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 12:58:26 PM(UTC)

SeriousM;9034 wrote:
one thing I also changed was installing the VS2015 SP3 hotfix (vs14-kb3165756) that was released a few days ago (suggested by the vs2015 ide), maybe this is the problem?

I wouldn't rule out this hotfix - I haven't yet had the chance to exhaustively test how VS behaves with this fix yet. You might find this is the result of a complex interaction somewhere between the font's style selection issues and something else in your environment. Figuring out exactly what is going on here is unfortunately beyond my abilities. I recommend to try reinstalling the latest version of the font, and check the NCrunch settings file to see if you can override the style.
1 user thanked Remco for this useful post.
SeriousM on 7/22/2016(UTC)