Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

NCrunch tries to process unloaded projects
powerdude
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 3:39:31 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hello,

when using a solution with unloaded projects, NCrunch generates the following error:

There are projects in this solution that have not been reported as loaded by the IDE within the timeout period allowed during NCrunch initialisation. It is possible that these projects are of an unusual type and NCrunch has been unable to correctly detect them. They may be 'unloaded' in Visual Studio, or alternatively you may be experiencing IDE solution loading times that are much higher than normal.

If these projects are not required for your NCrunch session, it is recommended that you ignore them using the NCrunch 'Ignore this component completely' configuration setting. This will result in faster NCrunch initialisation times as the engine no longer needs to wait for data related to these projects.

The NCrunch 'Project load timeout' configuration setting can also be adjusted to improve startup times if you regularly experience this problem.

The following projects exist in this solution but could not be resolved by NCrunch during initialisation:

It would be better if NCrunch ignored unloaded projects. It seems the configuration manager does and the projects aren't loaded there and the setting can't be selected.
Remco
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 9:29:57 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
powerdude;9054 wrote:

It would be better if NCrunch ignored unloaded projects. It seems the configuration manager does and the projects aren't loaded there and the setting can't be selected.

Hi, yes, I do agree. The current approach is limited by the way in which the VS integration is working at the moment. I expect this will change in future.

When you say that the configuration manager does consider them being unloaded, are you saying that they are simply not accessible at all in this dialog? This is not the intended behaviour, even with the current implementation approach. Are you seeing this consistently across all solutions? Can you make it happen with a new dummy/test solution?
powerdude
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 4:29:28 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Yes, the project is not visible in Configuration. Create a "cross-platform" Xamarin.Forms project. Unload the ios project. It doesn't show in Configuration and you'll get the error.
Remco
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 5:00:43 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Thanks! I've now reproduced this issue. I will see what I can do to fix it. Meanwhile, to work around this, I'd suggest reloading the project in VS with NCrunch disabled. You can then find the project in the configuration window and set the 'Ignore this project completely' setting to True, then unload the project again. The next time NCrunch initialises, it will ignore the project and you won't need to wait for the timeout.