Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Cannot enable ncrunch with VS2015 on a valid license
Clarkee
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 1:05:23 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I have a now out of date ncrunch license that currently allows me to use ncrunch 2.19 with VS2013. When I try to use the same license with VS2015, the license key is accepted but the "Enable NCrunch" menu item remains greyed out, so I'm actually unable to use my license. Any idea why this may be, and is there a way to make it work?

Thanks,

Chris

EDIT : This is no longer an issue - I managed to resolve this by opening a solution via the sln, at which point the menu item became enabled again. It seems to work consistently now, however I launch VS.
Remco
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 9:52:35 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi Chris,

With several updates to both VS and the .NET framework since v2.19 was released, VS2015 support is a constant moving target.

It isn't possible for me to warrant that an older release of NCrunch will be forwards compatible with all environments. If you'd like to put the issue through the bug reporter, I can assess it to see if it has been resolved in a later release. v2.20 and v2.21 contained a long list of compatibility and stability fixes - it's quite likely this issue has already been resolved.