Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Exluding files from Autobuild does not apply immediately
Der-Albert.com
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 8:41:28 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Hi,

on edititing type script files NCrunch was running and running the C# Test, which where not needed.

So i looked for an option, found a promising one. "Exclude files from autobuild", so i added *.ts, *.js and *.html there.

Nothing changed. NCrunch still running tests. Was about to file a bug that this is not working. But then a restarted VS, after that the excluded files are working.

Maybe closing the solution would also work in that case.
Der-Albert.com
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 8:44:05 AM(UTC)

NCrunch still keeps running while edit *.html files. But not on editing *.ts files anymore
Der-Albert.com
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 9:22:13 AM(UTC)

NCrunch is playing games with me, nothing changes, working in the same solution, no reload. no NCrunch activity while edititing *.html anymore.
Remco
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 10:52:11 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
I've just done some quick testing on this, but couldn't get it to misbehave. My first thought was that perhaps the engine might be queuing tests without queuing build tasks, though such behaviour also doesn't seem to happen for any of my tests.

Let me know if you manage to pin this down.
Remco
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 11:16:58 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
I've just had a thought. The config setting you've set will prevent NCrunch from triggering builds when .ts or .html files are changed, but they won't prevent NCrunch from triggering builds when the IDE touches other files on the file system as a result of these files being changed.

For example, something quite new that I noticed in the IDE is that when you save a file to disk, it won't actually save over the original file being saved. Instead, it saves the file under a temporary name, removes the old file, then renames the temporary file over the old one. This caused several problems with NCrunch's change detection, as CPS uses recursive wildcards to include files in the project, and NCrunch wasn't able to tell the difference between VS saving an already included file as opposed to VS creating other files that should be included in the project. This specific use case is now handled by NCrunch (the temporary files are ignored), but it illustrates the sort of problems that the new CPS file inclusions have introduced when we have a development environment that regularly creates temporary files under the project path.

If you turn on the 'Log to output window' setting and set the log verbosity to 'Detailed', NCrunch will report in the logs which files it's detected as changed prior to kicking off a build or project reload. If you find this problem happening again, I'd recommend reviewing the logs to see if you can find any patterns in files on disk being changed by the IDE.
Der-Albert.com
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 7:51:17 AM(UTC)

Will do that. Sometimes NCrunch runs test while edititing TypeScript/HTML and sometimes not.