Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

NCrunch runs fine in VS 2017.2 and breaks in VS 2017.3 (preview 3)
Der-Albert.com
#1 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2017 3:42:43 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Hi, i think i have a nice one ;)

I have a .NET Core 1.1 with ASP.NET Core 1.1 project.
NCrunch builds and run all tests fine with Visual Studio 2017.2 (latest update)

With Visual Studio 2017.3 (preview 3) is breaks totally.

In the solution are several .NET Standard Projects (from 1.4 to 1.6), and some .netcore1.1 project (the hosting web applications).

On the machine is the .NET Core 1.0.4 SDK and the .NET Core 2.0 Preview 2 SDK installed (every other .NET Core sdk is removed).

The Global.json says, use 1.0.4.

And that happens on 2017.3

1. the Web Applications get's a build error with this text in it
Quote:
..\..\..\..\..\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\2.0.0-preview2-006497\Sdks\Microsoft.NET.Sdk\build\Microsoft.NET.Sdk.DefaultItems.targets (285, 5):

Which seems that it builds with the .net core 2.0 SDK. I don't know if this is the desired behavior. The error is about a change in the .csproj
file, which I can fix (if i do this, the project get's build, seems a 2.0 Breaking Change). But the point may be that the 2.0 SDK is used instead of the 1.0.4 SDK.

2. For every Tests assembly I get an Analysis Failure

Quote:

An error occurred while analysing this project after it was built: NCrunch encountered an unexpected error occurred while building an environment to analyse an assembly: nCrunch.TaskRunner.Ipc.IpcConnectionClosedException: The connection has been closed
bei nCrunch.Core.ProcessManagement.ExternalProcessManager.(ProcessorArchitecture , ProcessLoadParameters )
bei nCrunch.Core.ProcessManagement.ExternalProcessManager.LoadExternalProcess(ProcessLoadParameters parameters, GridClientId client)
bei nCrunch.Core.TestManagement.TestRunnerProcess..()
bei nCrunch.Common.PerformanceTracking.PerfTracker.TrackActivity(String name, Action activity)
bei nCrunch.Core.TestManagement.TestRunnerProcess.(Nullable`1 , FilePath , GridClientId , CustomEnvironmentVariable[] )
bei nCrunch.Core.TestManagement.TestRunnerProcess..()
bei nCrunch.Common.PerformanceTracking.PerfTracker.TrackActivity(String name, Action activity)
bei nCrunch.Core.Processing.AnalysisTaskLogic.DoProcessTaskAndReturnSuccessFlag()

I will send you a Log which i copied from the output window.

I also udpated to NCrunch 3.10.0.6 (from 3.9), the problem remains.

Der-Albert.com
#2 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2017 3:45:03 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 35 post(s)
And just for completness, no it don't have testet a .NET Core 2.0 project yet.
Remco
#3 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2017 11:15:07 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
Hi, thanks for sharing this.

This is a known problem at the moment. NCrunch support doesn't include the VS2017 preview builds right now, as MS are making changes to the dependency system in there. I'll be extending support closer to RTM as time allows.
Remco
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 1:17:49 AM(UTC)

NCrunch v3.10 has now been released, including preview support for VS2017.15.3.
adamh
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 26, 2017 11:25:49 AM(UTC)

I am trying to run against a test assembly using .net core 2.0 - and i also get a similar issue - using NCrunch 3.0.10.20

NCrunch: This project was built on server '(local)'
NCrunch: The tests in this project were discovered on server '(local)'

An error occurred while analysing this project after it was built: NCrunch encountered an unexpected error occurred while building an environment to analyse an assembly: nCrunch.TaskRunner.Ipc.IpcConnectionClosedException: The connection has been closed
at nCrunch.Core.ProcessManagement.ExternalProcessManager.(ProcessorArchitecture , ProcessLoadParameters )
at nCrunch.Core.ProcessManagement.ExternalProcessManager.LoadExternalProcess(ProcessLoadParameters parameters, GridClientId client)
at nCrunch.Core.TestManagement.TestRunnerProcess..()
at nCrunch.Common.PerformanceTracking.PerfTracker.TrackActivity(String name, Action activity)
at nCrunch.Core.TestManagement.TestRunnerProcess.(Nullable`1 , FilePath , GridClientId , CustomEnvironmentVariable[] )
at nCrunch.Core.TestManagement.TestRunnerProcess..()
at nCrunch.Common.PerformanceTracking.PerfTracker.TrackActivity(String name, Action activity)
at nCrunch.Core.Processing.AnalysisTaskLogic.DoProcessTaskAndReturnSuccessFlag()

VS Version is 15.3.2
Remco
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 26, 2017 11:36:22 AM(UTC)

Thanks for sharing this. There's a range of dependency related issues that have suddenly appeared in .NET Core environments with the latest VS release. It looks like a whole range of changes were introduced in 2017.3 at the last minute. I've been working to try and track these down.

Would you be able to submit a bug report after you've had this happen to you? The log in the report may give some more detailed information about why the process was terminated and which dependency is missing.