Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

The connection has been closed error
witchdrash
#1 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 10:30:23 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I've installed NCrunch manually in to VS 2017 2017 Preview (2) - 15.3.0 Preview 6, and this is the error I'm getting when it tries to run any test:

Quote:
nCrunch.TaskRunner.Ipc.IpcConnectionClosedException: The connection has been closed
at nCrunch.Core.ProcessManagement.ExternalProcessManager.(ProcessorArchitecture , ProcessLoadParameters )
at nCrunch.Core.ProcessManagement.ExternalProcessManager.LoadExternalProcess(ProcessLoadParameters parameters, GridClientId client)
at nCrunch.Core.BuildManagement.BuildProcessLauncher..()
at nCrunch.Common.PerformanceTracking.PerfTracker.TryTrackActivity(String name, Action activity)
at nCrunch.Core.BuildManagement.BuildProcessLauncher.(Action`1 , ProcessorArchitecture , GridClientId , BuildSystemParameters , IList`1 )
at nCrunch.Core.BuildManagement.BuildProcessLauncher.AnalyseComponentBuildInExternalProcess(ComponentLoadParameters parameters, IList`1 customEnvironmentVariables)
at nCrunch.Client.ComponentLoader.SnapshotComponentLoader.(ProcessorArchitecture , String )
at nCrunch.Client.ComponentLoader.SnapshotComponentLoader.CreateComponentFromXml(FilePath projectFilePath, ParsedBuildXml projectXml, FilePath solutionFilePath, String[] additionalFilesToIncludeAtSolutionLevel, Boolean isLoadedFromFile, VisualStudioVersion vsVersion, ComponentUniqueName componentName, TaskSettings componentTaskSettings, Exception parseException, String targetFramework)

This happens on both projects I've tried, the first was a dual targeted 4.6.1 & netcoreapp 2.0, the second is a netcoreapp 1.0 that works fine in normal VS2017
Remco
#2 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 11:15:57 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi, can you confirm which version of NCrunch you're running?

This problem is caused by the NCrunch .NET Core task runner failing to initialise, which is usually caused by dependency related issues, such as critical Nuget packages that are missing. If you're not running NCrunch v3.10, you'll also likely see this message when using VS2017 preview.
witchdrash
#3 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 1:47:35 PM(UTC)

The version I was using is this one from this link (downloaded this morning!): https://www.ncrunch.net/...ersion=3.10&vs=2017

However things get a little weirder, if I use that version, doesn't matter what I do, it simply doesn't work, however, if I delete the Remco Software folder, then copy and paste the one created by installer in extension folder of the normal version of VS2017 over to the preview folder and do the manual install it works absolutely fine....

So happy it's working, however wonder if there's an issue with the zipped version?
Remco
#4 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 11:15:36 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
After you unzipped the files, did you select all files in the installation and choose to 'unblock' them using windows explorer?

Windows has a frustrating security feature that tags files downloaded from the internet and prevents them from being accessed by software until you perform a manual action to unblock them. I'm not sure how this improves windows security, but it causes hell with software extracted from zip file.
witchdrash
#5 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 8:28:48 AM(UTC)

Remco;10879 wrote:
After you unzipped the files, did you select all files in the installation and choose to 'unblock' them using windows explorer?

Windows has a frustrating security feature that tags files downloaded from the internet and prevents them from being accessed by software until you perform a manual action to unblock them. I'm not sure how this improves windows security, but it causes hell with software extracted from zip file.

Yep unblocked, even made sure security had full control for everyone to rule out anything like that.