Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

C++/CLI project won't build under NCrunch
Hugh Phoenix-Hulme
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2017 11:24:55 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

So I have two projects, one being C++/CLI which is depended upon by the other.

NCrunch won't build the first (depended-on) project - it says: "The build tools for Visual Studio 2010 (Platform Toolset = 'v100') cannot be found. To build using the v100 build tools, please install Visual Studio 2010 build tools. Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting "Retarget solution"."

The solution is already targeting v141, and there are no references to v100 in the project file.

Any ideas? (Other than installing the vs2010 build tools - that sounds like the Wrong Answer to me.)

Thanks!
Remco
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2017 8:32:48 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
Hi, thanks for posting.

C++/CLI isn't supported by NCrunch. This project type has a different build system that NCrunch hasn't been specifically programmed to handle.

Although many C++/CLI projects will likely build using NCrunch, it's unfortunately impossible to warrant that all of them will work without introducing proper support, which takes considerable investment.

There is an active request to add support in this area if you'd like to cast your vote for it - https://ncrunch.uservoice.com/forums/245203-feature-requests/suggestions/5711186-support-for-c-c.

I'm sorry but I can't help with further troubleshooting this problem. I recommend to try installing the v100 toolset just to see if it can help you work around the issue.