Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Building precompiled C# Azure Function fails
SteveC
#1 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 11:06:06 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've got a solution in VS 2017 Update 3, which consists of a precompiled C# Function App, plus a plain C# project, and two MsTest projects (each corresponding to the real code)

The solution builds fine in VS 2017 Update 3 RTM ... previously I was working on it in the 2017 preview

But NCrunch won't build the precompiled C# Function App ?

NCrunch: If you are experiencing problems in getting this project to build, have a look at http://www.ncrunch.net/d...ng_project-build-issues
..\..\..\..\Users\Stephen Culshaw\.nuget\packages\microsoft.net.sdk.functions\1.0.0-alpha3\build\netstandard1.0\Microsoft.NET.Sdk.Functions.targets (44, 5):
Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Azure.WebJobs, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Checked in my \.nuget\packages\ and I've 2..0.0 and 2.1.0-beta1

Checked in the csproj for the function app and I can see the packages ...

<ItemGroup>
<PackageReference Include="Microsoft.Azure.WebJobs" Version="2.1.0-beta1" />
<PackageReference Include="Microsoft.Azure.WebJobs.Extensions" Version="2.1.0-beta1" />
<PackageReference Include="Microsoft.Azure.WebJobs.Extensions.DocumentDB" Version="1.0.0" />
<PackageReference Include="Microsoft.Azure.WebJobs.Extensions.Http" Version="1.0.0-beta1" />
<PackageReference Include="Microsoft.Azure.WebJobs.ServiceBus" Version="2.1.0-beta1" />
<PackageReference Include="Newtonsoft.Json" Version="10.0.3" />
<PackageReference Include="Microsoft.NET.Sdk.Functions" Version="1.0.0-alpha3" />
</ItemGroup>

Checked and those versions are all in my \.nuget\packages\

Updated the Function App project to reference the released 1.0.0 NuGet package ...
Solution still builds fine in VS, but slightly different error from NCrunch ...

NCrunch: If you are experiencing problems in getting this project to build, have a look at http://www.ncrunch.net/d...ng_project-build-issues
..\..\..\..\Users\Stephen Culshaw\.nuget\packages\microsoft.net.sdk.functions\1.0.0\build\netstandard1.0\Microsoft.NET.Sdk.Functions.Build.targets (31, 5):
Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net.Http, Version=4.1.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Reached the limit of my minimal understanding of MsBuild ... can anyone help?

Remco
#2 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 12:00:27 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
Hi, thanks for sharing this problem.

Unfortunately, Azure based projects are not supported by NCrunch. For this reason there has been no QA performed on azure projects, or features implemented in the engine to get these to build or run tests.

Have you tried setting the engine in compatibility mode?
fysiofriends
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 9, 2017 11:40:36 AM(UTC)

FYI: I had the same problem and settings the engine in compatibility mode didn't help
SteveC
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 9, 2017 2:17:22 PM(UTC)

Yeah, I also tried the compat mode with no joy :-(

What I find baffling (and annoying) is the solution used to work when I was working in VS 2017 Preview and the Function SDK preview ...

BUT since I updated to the RTM of VS 2017 and/or Functions SDK "something" has broken :-(

@Remco ... any plans to offer support of the various Azure projects, especially the App Service ones, i.e. Web / API / Function App ?
Remco
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 9, 2017 11:38:37 PM(UTC)

SteveC;11180 wrote:

@Remco ... any plans to offer support of the various Azure projects, especially the App Service ones, i.e. Web / API / Function App ?

Sorry :( No short term plans for this. I'm currently overloaded trying to keep up with platform level changes and don't have the capacity to expand the range of support options for project types like this one. It might be possible in future as the business grows.
SteveC
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 10, 2017 9:10:22 AM(UTC)

:-(

Ah well, I'll keep the fingers crossed :-)
jmarbutt
#7 Posted : Friday, October 27, 2017 4:04:40 PM(UTC)

Yeah I just paid to upgrade my ncrunch hoping this was fixed, I wouldn't of upgraded without this. :(
Goran
#8 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 10:32:35 AM(UTC)

jmarbutt;11425 wrote:
Yeah I just paid to upgrade my ncrunch hoping this was fixed, I wouldn't of upgraded without this. :(

Same here - any ETA on support a year later?
Remco
#9 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 11:44:50 PM(UTC)

Goran;13648 wrote:
jmarbutt;11425 wrote:

Same here - any ETA on support a year later?

Sorry, we haven't published that any support has been added for this yet. ETA will depend on user demand.

Because of its sheer size, we cannot support the entirety of the .NET platform. This means we need to be selective about which project/platform types we do support. If enough people want Azure functions, we'll look deeper into how we can feasibly handle it.

If you've recently upgraded your license expecting that this would be supported, feel free to contact me if you want to look into refunding it.
Goran
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 12:01:25 PM(UTC)

Remco;13649 wrote:

Because of its sheer size, we cannot support the entirety of the .NET platform. This means we need to be selective about which project/platform types we do support. If enough people want Azure functions, we'll look deeper into how we can feasibly handle it.

If you've recently upgraded your license expecting that this would be supported, feel free to contact me if you want to look into refunding it.

Thanks - I got around the limitation by splitting the project into azure function (just a main which calls the function) and the function itself. Now I can ignore the azure function project and tests run again.
perdahl
#11 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 5:52:28 AM(UTC)

I am also looking for support of azure projects. What are the plans for this? Should I let go of NCrunch since we are moving to Azure?
Remco
#12 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 11:09:59 AM(UTC)

perdahl;13957 wrote:
I am also looking for support of azure projects. What are the plans for this? Should I let go of NCrunch since we are moving to Azure?

I can't really advise here in terms of your direction regarding Azure .. though right now we don't have near term plans to implement support for this. The long term plans will depend on user feedback, which you are most welcome to share by voting for this feature.
arkiaconsulting
#13 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 8:25:33 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 5 post(s)