Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Churn mode - How to stop
GreenMoose
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 11:42:21 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 64 post(s)
I can't seem to stop "Churn test until it fails" ?

*Edit: It seems that sometimes I can stop if I, very quickly, keep on clicking on the "stop" button repeatedly (with varying successful result).
Remco
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 10:50:12 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
There should be a window that appears in the corner of your screen, much like the 'Show coverage for these tests only' popup. This is the normal way to stop churn mode. The global option in the 'NCrunch' menu will also stop it.

The 'stop' button does have some logic to stop the churn, though I think this is only the red square. I don't think the crossed red square will do it. Does this match your experience?
GreenMoose
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 7:31:07 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 64 post(s)
Remco;11879 wrote:
There should be a window that appears in the corner of your screen, much like the 'Show coverage for these tests only' popup. This is the normal way to stop churn mode. The global option in the 'NCrunch' menu will also stop it.

Off course, it was too simple ;) (I have test window on another monitor so I didn't really pay attention to the vstudio window where the popup is shown)
Remco;11879 wrote:
The 'stop' button does have some logic to stop the churn, though I think this is only the red square. I don't think the crossed red square will do it. Does this match your experience?

It seems I sometime can stop it with "stop button" (bug report submitted yesterday about internal errors when doing so).

But it seems a bit counter intuitive as it is now. Churning mode has a "stop churning mode" link in popup, but still the "stop button" becomes enabled when churning. What if I want to stop normal running tests, while churning, without risking of stopping churning tests?

IMHO, since you have "stop churning" in popup, and stop button is used to stop "normal" test run, the stop button should be kept disabled when churning but enabled if running normal tests and ignorant of any tests being in the "churning state" :).

Thanks.
Remco
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 8:59:23 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
Thanks for the feedback :) We're having an internal discussion on this to see if we can improve the usability a bit here.
1 user thanked Remco for this useful post.
GreenMoose on 3/8/2018(UTC)