Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

www.ncrunch.net password reset feature is broken
throwaway
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 10:21:39 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I've been trying to get my password reset for ages.

The first time I got a email with a password reset link; I provided a new password, and submitted the page. I got something like "oops your password could not be updated. you may have re-used a password reset link".
Is there some kind of server side validation for complexity of password resets which is stronger (or more restrictive) than the client side validation, and causes the form to fail?

I requested a new password reset. Again. And Again.
Each time, the web page claims an email with a password reset has been sent. It hasn't.
Is there a horribly restrictive rate limiter that I've triggered while trying to get into my own account?

I had trouble like this a few months ago and I can't remember how I resolved it.

I'm trying to renew my license and pay for the product.

This is a throw away account because to get support you have to be logged in. :-|

I'd appreciate it if you could reset my password or provide a link to do so. My user name is "perfectionist"

Remco
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 12:18:48 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
Hi,

I apologise for the frustration here. One of the problems with password reset emails is that they need to go through the email system. Since the reset emails are sent out of the blue without any reply chain, they very often show up as false positives for spam and get caught in spam filters. I can vouch for the reliability of the mail sender, but unfortunately I cannot guarantee whether it's possible for the email to actually be received.

If you can contact me via the contact form, I can try to obtain the password reset link for you and will see if there's another way to get it to you without a spam filter blocking us.
throwaway
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 1:02:02 PM(UTC)

I'm sure it's not gone to spam. Gmail recieved the first password reset email, and is pretty good at this, and has a searchable spam folder.

I am certain there is an issue with the password reset process on the website and very much encourage you guys to take a look at it.

I'll contact you seperately via the form
throwaway
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 10:13:01 AM(UTC)

Remco;12052 wrote:
Hi,

I apologise for the frustration here. One of the problems with password reset emails is that they need to go through the email system. Since the reset emails are sent out of the blue without any reply chain, they very often show up as false positives for spam and get caught in spam filters. I can vouch for the reliability of the mail sender, but unfortunately I cannot guarantee whether it's possible for the email to actually be received.

If you can contact me via the contact form, I can try to obtain the password reset link for you and will see if there's another way to get it to you without a spam filter blocking us.

I used the form.
I'm waiting for a response.
Remco
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 11:20:23 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
throwaway;12054 wrote:

I used the form.
I'm waiting for a response.

Thanks. I received your request and sent you an email in reply approximately 12 hours ago.

If you haven't received the reply, that would confirm that something is blocking all email from the ncrunch mail server into your mail account. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do to fix that.

Note that if you still have your original license key, you don't need to be able to access your old account to upgrade this key. The upgrade form allows you to enter the license key directly, and you can just use it on a different account. If the address of your previous account is unable to receive email from an ncrunch.net domain, I would strongly recommend not using this email for purchasing a new license.

Edit: I've just noticed the reply I sent to you was directly to the email on your throwaway account. I've now also forwarded it to your gmail. Hope it gets through.