Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ignore projects on NCrunch config settings
Grendil
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 10:09:28 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
We've got a large subset of test projects that I'd normally like to toggle off such that they don't cause any build/analysis overhead for NCrunch.
Is there a way to drive the "Ignore this component completely" setting by engine mode? Or some other way to set up a high level toggle?
I've already got the projects ignored from test runs by NUnit category filtering, but I'd rather not have them consume build/analysis cycles.
Remco
#2 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 12:43:07 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi, thanks for posting.

You can probably achieve this using the 'Capabilities' feature. It's originally intended for distributed processing, but I guess it could be used to stop your local machine from building projects too.

Under the projects that you want to 'switch off', add a 'Required Capability' (project-level configuration setting). Because your engine modes and existing config won't have this capability present, the engine won't build the projects.

You'll probably want to set up an engine mode that has the 'Capabilities of this computer' setting assigned with the capability so that you still have the chance to build these projects under NCrunch. In this way, you can use the engine mode as the switch controlling whether or not the projects are built.