Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

License expiry notification
NeilMacMullen
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 11:10:04 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Not sure if this is a bug or a missing feature but I just noticed my license had expired a few days ago (happily renewed now!). Maybe adding a visual indication in the Ncrunch test window or using different shades of red/green in the "spinner" could help alert users to this?

*Edit* - just added this to uservoice... https://ncrunch.uservoic...that-license-has-expired
Remco
#2 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 1:18:51 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Thanks for your feedback on this.

There's a bit of a grey area here in that the NCrunch license system technically isn't a subscription. Even after your license maintenance/support period has expired, you can still use the license in versions of NCrunch released during your license period.

It would seem rather inconsiderate of us to encourage people to upgrade their license to keep using a version of the software that would continue to work regardless, though I know many other software shops do this.

Instead, the system is tacked onto the new version notification for NCrunch. When a new version of NCrunch is released and the update checker becomes aware of it, it'll tell you if your license won't support the new version, so that you have time to renew it.