Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Doesn't seem to install
mdwoodruff
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 3:16:15 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

The install seemed to be successful but I wasn't able to find NCrunch in the IDE either as a menu option or under the list of installed extensions.

I'm running a single instance of Visual Studio 2019 Professional 16.6.2 and I was trying to install NCrunch 4.3.0.13.

I tried a variety of installs and repairs without success.

Troubleshooting documentation is also missing for 2019. https://www.ncrunch.net/...tion-and-setup-problems
2019 also doesn't appear in the quick start guide as well. https://www.ncrunch.net/...uides_quick-start-guide

Is this product supported under VS 2019?

<Edit:>
I noticed the Manual Installation Instructions in the documentation and tried this. I followed the instructions for 2017 (2019 isn't available) and was able to get it working.
Remco
#2 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 6:37:30 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1258 time(s) in 1171 post(s)
mdwoodruff;14828 wrote:

<Edit:>
I noticed the Manual Installation Instructions in the documentation and tried this. I followed the instructions for 2017 (2019 isn't available) and was able to get it working.

I'm not sure what happened here. Normally the installer touches a magic file that forces VS to refresh its extension cache and find the new extension ... but VS can be a bit fickle when it comes to this sort of thing. We always provide the manual installation option for situations like this one. I'm glad you managed to get it working.

Edit: I've also updated the installation instructions for VS2019. As you've correctly established, they are the same as the 2017 ones.
danius
#3 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 11:17:03 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I've experienced this on a couple VMs now. not sure if latest window patching does something. Manual installed worked.

Daniel.