Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

dotnet 7.0.17 not installed ?
Dirk Maegh
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2024 7:34:11 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi,

My solution is loaded, ncrunch succeeds at building the 2 test projects, but then fails analysis. ("Analysis failure")
It shows the description underneath.

I read it and downloaded dotnet from the location indicated (at the bottom) and installed it.
Retried ncrunch by manually reloading the 2 test projects. Same result.
Restarted VS2022, same result.
Relaunched the dotnet installation, clicked "Repair" in the hope this would fix it. But no different results.

I started a quick investigation, without knowing ncrunch internals...
When I list my runtimes, I can see that it has v7.0.17 for aspnetcode, but not for netcore.
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 6.0.27 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 7.0.16 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 7.0.17 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 8.0.2 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 8.0.3 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 6.0.27 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 7.0.16 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 8.0.2 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 8.0.3 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 6.0.27 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]
Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 7.0.16 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]
Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 8.0.2 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]
Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 8.0.3 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]

Maybe the indicated link was flawed ?
So I went to the same link but left everything behind the question mark behind.
I eventually landed on this page https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/7.0.
I downloaded .NET Runtime 7.0.17, Windows x64 installer, and ran it.
And all issues went away.

Just wanted to report this :)

Thx,
Dirk

An error occurred while analysing this project after it was built: NCrunch encountered an unexpected error occurred while building an environment to analyse an assembly: The NCrunch task process failed to correctly initialise with the following exception: nCrunch.TaskRunner.Ipc.IpcConnectionClosedException: The NCrunch task process was unexpectedly terminated. For information on how to troubleshoot this problem, please see https://www.ncrunch.net/...inated-unexpected-error
at nCrunch.TaskRunner.Ipc.Fast.IpcReader.Initialise()
at nCrunch.TaskRunner.Ipc.Fast.IpcStream.Connect()
at nCrunch.TaskRunner.Ipc.Fast.FastIpcClient.Connect()
at nCrunch.Core.ProcessManagement.DefaultProcessLoader.ConnectToProcess(ExternalProcess externalProcess, ProcessLoadParameters parameters, Action`1 outOfBandMessageHandler)
at nCrunch.Core.ProcessManagement.ExternalProcessManager..()
at nCrunch.Common.PerformanceTracking.PerfTracker.TrackActivity(String name, Action activity)
at nCrunch.Core.ProcessManagement.ExternalProcessManager.(EffectiveProcessorArchitecture , ProcessLoadParameters , Boolean )

The trace output for the process is as follows:
You must install or update .NET to run this application.

App: C:\Users\DirkMaegh\AppData\Local\NCrunch\40212\6\P\OpenApi.Brio.Engine\test\Portima.OpenApi.Brio.Engine.UnitTests\bin\Debug\net7.0\nCrunch.TaskRunner.DotNetCore.20.x64.dll
Architecture: x64
Framework: 'Microsoft.NETCore.App', version '7.0.17' (x64)
.NET location: C:\Program Files\dotnet\

The following frameworks were found:
6.0.27 at [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
7.0.16 at [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
8.0.2 at [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
8.0.3 at [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]

Learn more:
https://aka.ms/dotnet/app-launch-failed

To install missing framework, download:
https://aka.ms/dotnet-co...id=win-x64&os=win10

Remco
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2024 10:11:30 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1258 time(s) in 1171 post(s)
Thanks for sharing this. The problem here seems to come from something odd in the way that .NET7 resolves its Microsoft.NETCore.App dependency. For reasons I don't understand yet, you can have a system without this version of .NET installed, but the build system will still report a dependency on Microsoft.NETCore.App v7.0.17. This doesn't seem to bother .NET, as it just rolls over to a different version .. but it seems to mess us up. I have a task planned to look into how we might fix this, but as you've discovered, the effective workaround is just to make sure you have that version of .NET installed.