Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Hotkey for "Ignore all tests outside current file" + counterparts
Havremunken
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2012 4:25:52 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I love NCrunch! Thanks for the great work, it has truly changed the way I work!

One thing would be useful when battling with code coverage, or rather, making sure my unit tests (i.e. not the integration tests that also run in the same test library) actually do test as much as possible of their "own" class (i.e. typical one test class pr. class being tested stuff), is if we had the following hotkeys:

1. "Ignore all tests outside the currently open file in the text editor, unignore any tests in open file".
2. "Unignore all tests"

Well, #2 might already be in there, didn't check, just thought it would be useful if #1 was implemented.

There is of course a third possibility here, the opposite of #1, if you would like to check how much of your code is touched by unit tests for other classes / integration tests, but I dunno how useful this would be.

Oh, and I'm also one of those who would love to have some kind of window displaying code coverage percentage that I could pin to the UI.

Thanks again!

Havremunken
Remco
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2012 10:35:22 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1259 time(s) in 1172 post(s)
Hi, thanks for posting and thanks for the feedback!

NCrunch has a feature that you might find interesting (you may have already seen it, but I thought it worth checking). If you right-click a test in the Tests Window (or the code coverage popup) to bring up the context menu, then look under 'Advanced', you'll see an option to show only the code coverage for the test you've selected (hiding everything else).

The idea behind the ignored tests is more to give NCrunch a mechanism in which it can leave alone tests that just aren't ready for it yet, so I'm not too sure how this particular mechanism would apply very well in your context (as the ignored test looses relevant data when you ignore it).

Code coverage metrics are definitely a very much requested feature and I can assure you that this one won't be too far away :)

I'm glad your enjoying NCrunch. Feel free to share any further feedback as you have it.

Thanks!

Remco