Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Testing Issue with interactive tests
Sebastian1989101
#1 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 2:36:58 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi,

two of my UnitTests are marked as 'failed' with ncrunch - the same tests are marked as 'success' with ReSharper and NUnit. Both tests need a console window for testing the interaction between gui and code. The first one checks if the window stays open and the second is a update function check. The second test missing a assembly who is needed by the test himself. "System.IO.FileNotFoundException : Could not find file 'C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\NCrunch\740\14\...\bin\Debug\log4net.dll'." The points are my user and my project.
Remco
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 12:35:50 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi Sebastian -

The most likely cause of this problem is that the tests are making assumptions about the locations of DLLs that they are depending on. Normal (non-NCrunch) test runners will generally run tests within a directory that contains all the DLLs that are to be loaded into the test runner application domain, though NCrunch will instead wire together an application domain dynamically in order to improve build performance.

There are a number of ways you can solve this problem. Have a look at the 'Assumptions About Referenced Assemblies Locations' section of the troubleshooting tests guide in the wiki - https://www.ncrunch.net/...-runtime-related-issues

Cheers,

Remco