Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

SpecFlow Results/Code Coverage
rlarno
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:12:30 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi Remco,

Currently I am wondering if it would be possible to get the Results/Code Coverage to show up in the SpecFlow (.feature) editor.
Most likely this would require access to the data that NCrunch has internally about the Results/Code Coverage.

One very odd behavior is that in the Metrics window, I do get to see the coverage, yet in the *.feature.cs files there are no indicators. (Not that they would be very useful there). Perhaps this is due to the attributes set on the generated code?

[System.CodeDom.Compiler.GeneratedCodeAttribute("TechTalk.SpecFlow", "1.8.1.0")]
[System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CompilerGeneratedAttribute()]

In the generated (*.feature.cs) code there are however #line directives allowing to link the code line back to the .feature file.

Perhaps this is something to take up with Peter Provost to have integration/extension points for tools such as NCrunch to be able to use the VS build-in code coverage 'coloring'. Perhaps then showing the results/coverage in the SpecFlow files can be done 'automagically'.

Rudi
Remco
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2012 10:50:16 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1259 time(s) in 1172 post(s)
Hi Rudi -

I'm afraid it's hard for me to create a meaningful response to the idea of showing code coverage in feature files until I've had a good look at how SpecFlow works internally and which integration strategy is most sensible. Right now SpecFlow integration is in the NCrunch backlog, although it's somewhat of a lower priority item as the tests do still run and show coverage on the actual production code.

Cheers,

Remco