Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Enable NCrunch Disabled / Expired Version?
RDC
#1 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2012 8:35:04 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I've been using NCrunch for a while on a project. This morning when I loaded the project I got a message about NCrunch being expired and now I can't enable NCrunch (the menu option is disabled).

Are these two events linked? If so, can I suggest that this would be very bad form. I happened to be on-site with no Internet access so I couldn't get the latest version. This left me having to use NUnit's command line test runner instead, which I luckily had available.
Remco
#2 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2012 10:24:13 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi,

You can solve the expiry issue by downloading a later version. Most likely the version you've been running is quite old. NCrunch will usually pop up with messages to let you know when a new version is available. I'm sorry if the timing was bad for you.

Cheers,

Remco
RDC
#3 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2012 10:27:12 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Therein lies the problem. When you can't download, the software disables itself. As I said, that's poor. You should give a warning before this happens at the very least, though really disabling software in this manner just seems like a bad idea. It's the only thing I've found that I dislike about NCrunch and I *really* dislike this.
Remco
#4 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2012 10:59:40 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
I fully take your point. Usually I try to space the expiry dates as far as possible so that no one will ever see the expiry message, as this gives a bad experience and (in your case) can cause problems if a new version isn't accessible. I'll try to improve on this in future. Again, I'm sorry for any trouble this has caused you.