Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Global Installer
CBad
#1 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2012 2:45:46 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I'll put it plainly, I'm lazy.

I use all 3 supported VS versions on my machine. I would LOVE to see a single installer that can install all (or some) of the versions of this plugin.

Thanks for your efforts with nCrunch. I'm at the point where I find it crippling when I don't have it available to me.
Remco
#2 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2012 1:13:10 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1259 time(s) in 1172 post(s)
Hi, thanks for posting!

This was something that was considered very carefully when the first NCrunch installers were being written. Unfortunately, I quickly realised that although it would save time for some people, it also had some serious drawbacks:

1. It makes the installer MUCH more difficult/expense to properly QA. Nothing is worse than an installer that fails, and a complex installer is certainly much more likely to fail.
2. It makes things very complicated in rare situations where people may choose to have different versions of NCrunch side-by-side. I would certainly take the point that not many people will do this, but the ones that do would have a hard time understanding why it couldn't be possible :)

Thanks for your feedback though. It's nice to know that I'm not the only person in this world that needs to develop with all 3 versions of VS at the same time!

Cheers,

Remco