Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Metrics Header Customization Issue
Mark
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:51:54 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
It appears that there is some instability around the Metrics display customization window. It will cause a crash dump of Visual Studio 2012

Here's the steps to reproduce (It's not perfectly reproducible but I managed to do it every time although slightly different each time)

Start VS 2012
Open NCrunch Metrics Tab
Right click a header and choose "Column Chooser"
Left Click "Is Excluded From Aggregation" them immediately Right Click "Is Excluded From Aggregation" (Sometimes do this multiple times)
If it still hasn't crashed, Left Click Customization window whitespace and this can cause it to crash

Alternate method: Can also happen from alternating Left/Right clicks quickly in the whitespace in the Customization window.

Note: Column Chooser also started appearing in the background behind VS 2012. I had to move the window to find the Customization Window.

Environment:
NCrunch 1.46.0.20
Win 7 64 bit,
Code Rush 13.1.4.0,
VS 2012 Pro, Update 3

Obviously a non blocking issue but wanted to let you know. I can't get a NCrunch log immediately after the issue due to Visual Studio restarting.

Thanks,
Mark Smith
Remco
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 9:45:56 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
Hi Mark,

Thanks for reporting this. I'll need to look into this further to be sure, but my gut feeling is that it may be a result of a clash between Code Rush and NCrunch. NCrunch uses a DevExpress control for this Grid, which is now running on an outdated version and causing all kinds of chaos inside the Visual Studio process.

The Grid component is being completely replaced in V2, so I can promise a long term fix for this and will look into whether a short term option is also available.

Cheers,

Remco
1 user thanked Remco for this useful post.
Mark on 8/14/2013(UTC)
Mark
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 3:09:27 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
No problem. As long as you're aware of the problem I'm happy. My short term solution is to not use/abuse that window and I'm happy.
Long term solution of V2 is perfectly fine and I look forward to getting that fix.

Thanks,
Mark Smith
1 user thanked Mark for this useful post.
Remco on 8/14/2013(UTC)