Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ncrunch not cleaning up user's Temp directory
wilstoff
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 2:56:37 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
When running NCrunch i have noticed that my C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp folder grows about .5 Gigs with every run. I cleared out the temp folder 2 days ago and it already has grown to 67 gigs. While I understand the need for NCrunch to use the temp folder for copying the project files and running tests, I don't understand why it is not cleaning up after itself. On each test run it should clear out the previous test's files and keep only the data it needs (like previous runtime of tests). I have a pretty extensive test suit that also probably has a decent amount of logging going on during each test, but it shouldn't take .5Gigs. Note that my solution folder is about .5Gigs.
Remco
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 10:40:00 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi, thanks for posting!

There is no code within NCrunch that specifically makes use of the temp folder. NCrunch will only copy files to the workspace base path, and there are many mechanisms in place to ensure the files in this directory are cleaned up as soon as they are no longer required.

This suggests that there are two likely scenarios, either you have test code or a build framework of some kind that is copying data into this directory when NCrunch builds your project and runs your tests, or you have your test project(s) configured to use shadow-copy via a .config file.

Do you experience this problem with one solution only, or all the solutions on your PC? If you create a new solution with one empty project in it, does this result in files being copied to your temp directory when NCrunch is enabled?
wilstoff
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:05:38 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thank you very much for that information, I was able to look at my test suite and figure out which tests were taking up all the temp space. I'm glad it is a problem with our tests and not with NCrunch.
1 user thanked wilstoff for this useful post.
Remco on 9/25/2013(UTC)