Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

NCrunch and Typemock
Joachim
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 10:24:51 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi Remco,

I'm using the latest NCrunch (1.46.0.20) and Typemock (7.4.2.0) version and get the following error:

TestExecutionTask-100] ERROR (Internal): nCrunch.Core.ProcessManagement.ProcessLoadTimeoutException: Load of external process with ID c5698322046f40b4a4d08970d7ede64b has failed due to timeout
at nCrunch.Core.ProcessManagement.ExternalProcessManager.#=qSEp_AhvQV1EUWppTR4qmIA==(ProcessorArchitecture #=qZmlCdA2KcAkDQbcI1gK13jYT51WjhwKDy6lN1B4vYIU=, Nullable`1 #=qDJJzsuRYnJ8gfj30qwUQHzX3CzHzxu3gCyl3XJY3ndo=, Type #=qX9prGlCR_tlS5cLfVrQqfw==, String #=qYIF_Kz1zUYxWDMod58oLZtn285YO0z3wSBYXhwxY2FA=, String #=q$8hqIk1ll5vaC9InK9TGdw==, String #=qMtUeGIFkRygcFjXAQ5h154tGkK3ILahFH1ybUJmK_WY=, Boolean #=qZLxSS_Wa_BSdBTtdLxq7vH6HTIs$IJJQazk8va_hasA=, String #=qUNI5pWHtt9u4dSZOmpOobg==)
at nCrunch.Core.ProcessManagement.ExternalProcessManager.LoadExternalProcess(ProcessLoadParameters parameters)
at nCrunch.Core.TestManagement.TestRunnerProcess.#=qPaOVndaU8BXowmFA8XLOrw==(Boolean #=qo619rU5wcI2VsK3W$kWXDQ==)
at nCrunch.Core.TestManagement.TestRunnerProcess.LoadTestRunnerProcessForProject(SnapshotComponent snapshotComponent, IList`1 componentsInProcess, TestFrameworkDescription primaryTestingFramework, Boolean useNewProcess)
at nCrunch.Core.Processing.TestExecutionTask.DoProcessTaskAndReturnSuccessFlag()
at nCrunch.Core.Processing.ProcessingTask.ProcessTaskAndReturnSuccessFlag()
at nCrunch.Core.Processing.ProcessingQueue.#=q190nZi1y1Fo5tOUJGqxJNg==(ProcessingTask #=q42Wrz9mwJoJwf8muwyJxUw==)

Is it possible that an old error (about a year ago) is back again?

I've tried a lot of different NCrunch settings and reinstalled both products in different orders. The only Thing that helped was suspending Typemock and removing all references to Typemock.dll in the projects.
Is there a way to use both Typemock and NCrunch as stated on the "Tools/Frameworks Supported By NCrunch" page?

I'm really excited about NCrunch and it's features and the support of Typemock would be great - I would highly appreciate it!

Hoping for your help and Kind Regards,
Joachim
Remco
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 10:48:59 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi Joachim -

NCrunch will automatically detect the presence of Typemock Isolator and will begin launching its task runners using a proxy process (TMockRunner.exe). The stack trace you have provided above suggests that the TMockRunner.exe is failing to launch the NCrunch process.

I've been hearing reports of compatibility problems with the latest release of Isolator, and I understand that the Typemock developers are currently working to address this. You might want to try using an older version of Isolator until a fix can be released. I'll also raise this issue with them to see whether they are aware of it.

Cheers,

Remco

Joachim
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2013 6:29:47 AM(UTC)

Hi Remco,

I will try an older version of Typemock.

Thank you,
Joachim
Joachim
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 11:58:27 AM(UTC)

Hi Remco,

Typemock 7.3.0 works. I've contacted Typemock too and kindly asked them to fix this error.

Best Regards,
Joachim

PS: Do you know how well NCrunsh works with PostSharp - are there any incompatibilities?
Remco
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 12:57:33 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Great! Thanks for sharing this information, I'm sure that others will find it useful.

There are no known compatibility issues between NCrunch and PostSharp - although you may need to turn on the 'Copy referenced assemblies to workspace' setting for projects that make use of it.
Joachim
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 1:51:39 PM(UTC)

Great! Thank you!

Best Regards,
Joachim