Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tests queued, engine idle with v1.47
johnmwright
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 2:48:04 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I upgraded to v1.47 and am now seeing an issue where there are frequently several (hundred) tests queued for execution, but the tests never run.

The status indicator (circle in lower corner of VS) currently shows an outer green circle (not moving) with "187" inside and green. Hovering over it shows the following tooltip:
Quote:
187 tests are queued
NCrunch engine is idle

Looking at the Test view, it shows the header bar saying "187 tests are queued for execution. Monitoring 219 tests, with 81 tests ignored". The 187 queued tests show the ? icon next to them, with the Status field showing "Pending, Impacted". The Project row shows "Build successful".

The Processing Queue view shows rows for the queued tests, with the ? icon and Status "Pending" and a Priority value of 0 (the header row for the namespace has a non-zero priory -- specifically 494). All "Build Assembly" and "Analyze Assembly" rows have Status "Complete" and a non-zero Priority field.

The NCrunch Diagnostics Output console is empty.

Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide.

I've used the "Report a bug" feature within VS to submit a bug report.

Hitting the Resync/Reset button does not resolve the issue -- it does reset and run the initial tests, but again hangs once it hits 187 queued.

Selecting the queued tests in the Processing Queue view and clicking "Run selected tests in new task runner" will run the tests and clear them from the queue.

Note: I'm using VS2012.
I cleared all .ncrunch* files and reinitiallized NCrunch for the solution, but that didn't resolve the issue.
Remco
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 9:52:53 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi John -

Thanks for sharing this issue and for submitting the bug report. The report didn't show any obvious problems, so I think this might be a configuration issue.

Please check the following:

- Make sure the engine mode you have selected will allow the tests to be run. It's worth double-checking the engine mode criteria in the Customisation Window to make sure it doesn't have anything unexpected.
- Check that the 'Max number of execution threads' is set to a value greater than zero.
- Check that the 'Fast lane threads' is set to a value that is LOWER than the 'Max number of execution threads'.

It may also be worth closing VS and deleting your global NCrunch configuration file (stored at AppData\Roaming\NCrunch). This will reset the global settings to defaults and may fix whatever is wrong here.