Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Latest V2 issue
andrewjknox
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2013 6:31:14 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Thought I'd pass this one over though it might not be that common!

One of my Solutions doesn't have a "Debug" configuration and this means none of the tests get loaded.

If you need the error message (don't have access to the VM it's running on right at this moment), give me a shout and I'll pass it over.

Regards,
Andrew

Remco
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2013 10:19:46 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for posting! This is quite an unusual situation, although NCrunch should be able to handle it.

NCrunch makes use of the default build configuration specified in your project. This is basically the same configuration that is used if you were to execute MSBuild.exe against the project file using the command line, and it's normally specified in the file itself. If you find that for some reason NCrunch isn't specifying the configuration you need it to for the project, it may be that the default specified in the project file is incorrect. You can find more details about this problem at http://www.ncrunch.net/documentation/considerations-and-constraints_project-build-platform-and-configuration.

With that said, I can't say I understand how missing/incorrect build configuration could affect test discovery without producing build errors. Is there any error message you can share with me? I'm wondering if this problem may be caused by something else.

Cheers,

Remco
andrewjknox
#3 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2013 7:27:36 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Not a problem Remco! Thanks for passing over that link to the docs, I'll have a look at that as soon as I get the chance but in the meantime, I've passed in the error message in case it's something you're not aware of:

System.Exception: An exception was thrown in the remote environment: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> nCrunch.Common.UserException: Errors occurred while trying to load the project file:
The OutputPath property is not set for project 'nCrunchTemp_0d427841-420a-48d9-a708-187f56820f94'. Please check to make sure that you have specified a valid combination of Configuration and Platform for this project. Configuration='Debug' Platform='AnyCPU'. You may be seeing this message because you are trying to build a project without a solution file, and have specified a non-default Configuration or Platform that doesn't exist for this project.
at nCrunch.Compiler.RemoteBuildRunner.#=qFxRP$avh6TmR1XNTCdeYnPebBN5HAt414W3G547M05o=(FilePath #=qL1nHF$DcuQwjwtDjUjaF_A==, #=qTDd_pJEIhUcXLKo7rr0Rk9gaBTolXHc3BsxP1NNOqFo= #=qBLNe_EPnFp$Nnomc9vcbrA==, String #=q6QvvVLL62VY9fwy_sjkT$XiRu77PQ0$AHwGVz5ey408=, String #=qqZWQwBE5$YWkbzY0l8$CYA91xUWGA47iwwjAkl50bc0=, DirectoryPath #=q5K6CcDB5yVpmD3$QjmN4Ng==, String #=qQUWd8jibpiIH7Gl32eCF0w==)
at nCrunch.Compiler.RemoteBuildRunner.AnalyseComponentBuild(FilePath projectFilePath, BuildXml buildXml, String useBuildConfiguration, String useBuildPlatform, DirectoryPath solutionDir, String solutionName, List`1 importExpressionsToEvaluate)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at nCrunch.TaskRunner.Ipc.IpcMessageProcessor.#=qs6TGzDQpmiyYjiWWhpBgEcHuQIB4Q$00rOZUvvtarzg=(CallMethodMessage #=qrtggN7Z678_GYi4psuSgnhXR9zJy3H4zAYz4O6nH1ww=)
at nCrunch.TaskRunner.Ipc.IpcMessageProcessor.ProcessMessageReturningResult(Byte[] data)
at nCrunch.TaskRunner.Ipc.RemoteInstance.#=qcGDDKweBEMXhi3mkRiRCDQ==[T](Byte[] #=qxAhTXqZouVktwu5TH7XSFg==)
at nCrunch.TaskRunner.Ipc.RemoteInstance.Invoke(IMessage msg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at nCrunch.Compiler.IRemoteBuildRunner.AnalyseComponentBuild(FilePath projectFilePath, BuildXml buildXml, String useBuildConfiguration, String useBuildPlatform, DirectoryPath solutionDir, String solutionName, List`1 importExpressionsToEvaluate)
at nCrunch.Core.BuildManagement.BuildProcessLauncher.#=q2Ap4QGdBUxu9yb_Morbjq05Fr35rldfyFPbn232zWQU=.#=qdVxtAD8JZx2YYKadMqVForbh2lo5ieSctGSopctIUUDtakOedEYpyro2ZQEldTat(IRemoteBuildRunner #=qkfr8iEF4$KPwibYWn0RuTkOOzdjmzozT3lUZShYuPzE=)
at nCrunch.Core.BuildManagement.BuildProcessLauncher.#=qiR0BtzaZpAkVqLZ4jLqtORpBtF6naFCK2K3S1Q6j864HnZUWWAhGVTPMjyQK6ELu(Action`1 #=q9Xg17SVI$2OyGHTR0wi08w==, ProcessorArchitecture #=q1cZQJ8s0mlbw9bPG5nfTktXwEOFTSj_VE41yezURCp8=, GridClientId #=qU9mObx9jSIHR9QYoa79Opw==, IBuildableProject #=qWqmwt127KNeyg$U1Hmcnnt_ab$LwAPfo_MvnQcWVyhA=)
at nCrunch.Core.BuildManagement.BuildProcessLauncher.AnalyseComponentBuildInExternalProcess(FilePath projectFilePath, BuildXml buildXml, String useBuildConfiguration, String useBuildPlatform, DirectoryPath solutionDir, String solutionName, List`1 importExpressionsToEvaluate, ProcessorArchitecture processorArchitecture, VisualStudioVersion vsVersion)
at nCrunch.Client.ComponentLoader.SnapshotComponentFactory.(ProcessorArchitecture )
at nCrunch.Client.ComponentLoader.SnapshotComponentFactory.CreateSnapshotComponentFromXml(FilePath projectFilePath, BuildXml projectXml, FilePath solutionFilePath, String[] additionalFilesToIncludeAtSolutionLevel, Boolean isLoadedFromFile, ISnapshotConfig snapshotConfig, VisualStudioVersion vsVersion)

NCrunch: This error is commonly caused by projects that are relying on the selected build configuration provided by Visual Studio in order to set the $(Platform) and $(Configuration) MSBuild properties during a build. Unless configured otherwise, NCrunch will normally use the default $(Configuration) and $(Platform) properties that are specified in a .proj file - thus in order for your project to build with NCrunch it must be possible to build the project using command line MSBuild without needing to manually inject build properties. You will most likely need to edit your .proj file to align its default $(Configuration) and $(Platform) properties with the property groups provided in the file.
Remco
#4 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2013 8:11:16 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Thanks Andrew! This is the error I was expecting, and the documentation link above should help you solve this problem :) Let me know if it doesn't do the trick for you.