Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Membership Provider CreateUser not supported when running NCrunch
thomen
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 5:54:28 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi Guys,
I have some legacy tests which create a user using the FormsAuthMembershipProvider

This all worked fine under NUnit but under NCrunch the CreateUser method isn't supported:
System.NotSupportedException : Specified method is not supported.
at System.Web.ClientServices.Providers.ClientFormsAuthenticationMembershipProvider.CreateUser(String username, String password, String email, String passwordQuestion, String passwordAnswer, Boolean isApproved, Object providerUserKey, MembershipCreateStatus& status

Just wondering if there's a workaround I was thinking of wrapping and stubbing but just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this.
Cheers,
Tom
Remco
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:07:32 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi Tom,

Thanks for posting!

NCrunch itself doesn't have any knowledge of ASP.NET or its membership providers, so my suspicion is that this is a symptom of a much deeper problem - perhaps related to the .config file being applied to your test environment, or the assemblies it is referencing.

I recommend trying to deduct the source of the problem by looking for differences between the NUnit test environment and NCrunch. Specifically, check the following:
- Are both environments loading the same .config file? You can check the .config file being used by NCrunch by right clicking on the failed test, going to Advanced->Browse To Workspace, then looking for the ncrunchconfig file in the build output directory of the shadowed project NCrunch has used for the test run
- Are both environments using the same processor architecture and version of the .NET framework? You can often tell this by checking the list of loaded modules under a debug session
- Are both environments loading the same versions of the .NET framework assemblies? Again, the list of running modules can help you here
- If you browse to the .DLL NCrunch has built for your test project (using the Advanced->Browse To Workspace option), then try loading this DLL under NUnit, what kind of result do you get?

If you haven't already, it's also worth having a skim over the test troubleshooting guide to see if there's anything here that might be causing the deeper issue.

Cheers,

Remco