Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Out-of-date code and project pick up
tofutim
#1 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 11:01:24 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have this odd situation where my teammate and I who have nearly identical setup (VS2012, NCrunch latest 1.x) have slightly different results. On my machine, my Azure project never picks up, and on his it does. This wouldn't be so bad if it built, but it doesn't build, and worse, it fails building because it seems to be using out-of-date or old code (when the Azure project did not have a Web Role). This is really strange and aggravating.

On his VS, if he disables NCrunch and then re-enables it, then it no longer shows up on the test list, but it does in configuration. In my case it never shows up in configuration.

Any tips much appreciated.
Remco
#2 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 11:11:24 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi, thanks for sharing this issue.

I think there may be something unexpected happening around the way VS is reporting the status or structure of this project.

Can you submit a bug report straight after enabling NCrunch on your system with this project? I'd like to see if anything is showing in the log file.

Cheers,

Remco
Remco
#3 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 11:27:03 PM(UTC)

Actually - Cancel that. I've managed to reproduce the issue. Will have an update for you soon.
Remco
#4 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 11:48:12 PM(UTC)

I'm afraid I have only bad news on this one.

There are some big differences in the way that Azure projects handle project interdependencies when compared with other project types. I could provide a fix that would allow NCrunch to detect the project and attempt to load it, but it won't get much further without serious work. This will need to be addressed as part of a longer term compatibility improvement plan, likely beyond the V2 release.

I've updated the support tools/frameworks page to avoid misleading others, as it is apparent that NCrunch does not support Azure projects at this point in time.

Sorry.
tofutim
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:06:24 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks for your efforts. Any idea why the Azure project loads in my teammate's VS and not in mine?
Remco
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:43:35 AM(UTC)

I'm not sure at the moment - this is something that has me very confused. The only thing I can think of is that there is some configuration or toolset difference that is allowing your teammate's IDE to recognise the project differently to normal. In the broader scope though, it probably won't make much difference, as the Azure project will still contain structural differences that will prevent it from working correctly even if it does seem to load :(