Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Building issue with Fody on grid node
yanglee
#1 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 11:32:38 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hi,

My system configurations:

Desktop & laptop:
- NCrunch 2.3 (latest version)
- Visual Studio 2013

Desktop:
- NCrunch Grid Node Server 2.3 (latest version)

Had not done any coding in the past few weeks (but kept all development tools updated). Yesterday I opened my main project, and found it cannot be built on grid node (my desktop computer in the same local network).

The issue is related to a Fody addin - Virtuosity.

Here is a demo project that can reproduce the issue. NCrunch can build it on my laptop or desktop separately without problem (grid node removed). But when NCrunch tried to build in on my laptop with my desktop added as a grid node, I got the following error:

Code:
NCrunch: The build results for this project are not consistent across all computers within the grid.

This project was successfully built on computers: (local)
This project failed to build on computers: DESKTOP

Relevant tests will continue to run on computers that are able to build this project successfully.  
Please ensure all computers within the grid are configured correctly with all required SDKs installed.

****************** BUILD OUTPUT FROM '(local)' ******************

****************** BUILD OUTPUT FROM 'DESKTOP' ******************

Fody: Could not find a weaver named 'Virtuosity'. 
If you have nuget package restore turned on you probably need to do a build to download the weavers. 
Alternatively you may have added a weaver to your 'FodyWeavers.xml' and forgot to add the appropriate nuget package. 
Perhaps you need to run 'Install-Package Virtuosity.Fody'. 
This url may provide more information http://nuget.org/packages/Virtuosity.Fody/ .

I checked the workspace folder on DESKTOP, found Virtuosity files were not copied there.
But I also checked the workspace folder of my laptop, Virtuosity files were not copied there either.

Any ideas?

Yang
Remco
#2 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 11:39:33 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi Yang -

It's been a little while since I've looked at Frody, but I vaguely remember that it required references going back to the original solution location in order to work correctly.

In theory, such a thing should be possible on a grid node. The grid nodes replicate the entire solution to a snapshot directory, which is separate from the workspaces used to build projects and run tests.

I think the key question here is whether the Frody/Virtuosity files are being copied from the foreground solution directory on your laptop over to the Snapshot directory on your desktop. See if you can find the Snapshot directory on the desktop once you've connected to the grid node. Are the files in there? If not, you may be able to add them using the 'Additional files for grid processing' NCrunch solution-level configuration setting.
Remco
#3 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 11:44:06 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Thanks for the sample solution. I've managed to make this work by including 'packages\Virtuosity.Fody.1.19.5.0\**.*' using the Additional Files For Grid Processing configuration setting.

I've also just noticed this setting is undocumented. I'll get that fixed :)
2 users thanked Remco for this useful post.
yanglee on 1/17/2014(UTC), MendelMonteiro on 10/2/2018(UTC)
yanglee
#4 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 11:50:55 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Remco;5074 wrote:
Thanks for the sample solution. I've managed to make this work by including 'packages\Virtuosity.Fody.1.19.5.0\**.*' using the Additional Files For Grid Processing configuration setting.

I've also just noticed this setting is undocumented. I'll get that fixed :)

Hi Remco, thanks for your quick reply.

I can confirm the issue is fixed by including 'packages\Virtuosity.Fody.1.19.5.0\**.*'.

Cheers!