Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

NCrunch says lines aren't covered when they are
jmurdick
#1 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 3:50:28 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I have a large solution setup to use NCrunch. I re-arranged some projects within the solution and in the file-system to better organize them and now NCrunch won't recognize that some lines are covered by tests.

The circles show up black and the feedback when I hover over them says "No tests are covering this line". Which is untrue because last week all of the lines were showing up as covered.

I figure its something to do with the re-arranging, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to reinitialize NCrunch. I've restarted my computer, deleted all of the NCrunch files in my solution, cleared my build files and rebuilt. I'm out of ideas at this point.

Has anyone encountered this or know how to get it to work?

Thanks!
Remco
#2 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 9:59:07 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi, thanks for sharing this issue.

Restarting your IDE or disabling/enabling NCrunch will always reset the engine. If you're still seeing this problem, it's either behaviour by design or a bug that is recurring every time the engine runs these tests.

It's worth having a look at the troubleshooting page covering this problem, as it may suggest something that leads you to discover the cause of the issue.

If the above page doesn't help you, could you try submitting a bug report after a full test run? I can examine the trace to see if there has been any obvious problems inside the engine.

Thanks again,

Remco
jmurdick
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 4:38:51 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Thanks, Remco. I reviewed the page above and nothing worked. Today it even stopped working after I altered some existing tests from [Test] to [TestCase] and renamed the functions accordingly. So I went ahead and submitted a bug report as you suggested.
Remco
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 11:03:02 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Thanks for the report. I've had a good look through it, but as far as I can tell, the engine itself seems to be functioning normally.

Do you, by chance, have a coverage filter set up on your engine mode? Does changing your current engine mode make any difference?

I may need to ask for a code sample to get to the bottom of this problem. Is there anything you can share with me?