Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Show history of tests that failed recently?
Ralf Koban
#1 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2014 5:58:56 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hi,

on a project I'm working on we have some tests which occassionally fail from time to time (even without any related code change), but then suddenly succeed (also without any code change). That are clearly issues discovered by those tests, which I would like to track down.
(on that project I'm using the engine mode to run all tests automatically in parallel with each other)

As those failures occur only randomly, is it possible in NCrunch to get some kind of history that would show such recently failed tests (let's say the test failed 3 test-runs before the current one)?

BR
Ralf
Remco
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 16, 2014 12:21:29 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
Hi Ralf,

At the moment, it isn't possible to get any history of test results using NCrunch. A new test run will overwrite any existing state held by NCrunch for the test.

The problem you're experiencing is very common though. As we delve more and more into the realms of asynchronous programming, we tend to collect more and more tests that annoyingly fail on occasion.

Being able to pull up detailed history (and perhaps an in-depth analysis) for a test would be really useful in figuring out its pass/fail pattern. It would take a bit of development to implement this though. Would you like to request it as a feature?.